chapter 22

Well guess what guys I'm going to unpublish this book for editing a lot of comments won't make any sense. A lot of persons saying some stuff about the characters so I guess I could fix up a few things to make it better 🤷‍♀️

SERENA POV

My breath quickens and it just felt like I couldn't breathe. I held on to Nikolai for support and he lifts me off the ground carrying me bridal style. My head started to spin.

"Serena are you ok," Nikolai asked and I shook my head. I look over Nikolai's shoulder and I saw Jace smirking at me, then went back into the corner.

"Serena" Nikolai called as he walks over to the car. My vision became blurry and my eyes slowly began to shut. "I think she's having a panic attack. bambina I want you to breathe" was the last thing I heard him say before darkness consumed me.
•••••••••••••••••••

I slowly open my eyes and look around the room, it quite dark in here but I still manage to see where I was going. I stood up and my head started to spin, I let out a frustrated groan then stood one place for a couple of seconds before I left the room. I walk up the stairs to where Nikolai's office was and I softly knocked on his door, waiting for him to say come in.

"Come in bellisima" I hear him say and I opened the door the walk over to his desk and sat down.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You had a panic attack and then you fainted, Serena tell me what you saw at the parking lot"

"Um... I saw Jace in the corner of the parking lot and I panicked" I paused "I'm just so glad you came before he did I was so scared" I whispered and he came closer and caressed my cheek. I sighed and melted into his touch.

"It's ok we'll find Jace soon," he said then leaned back and I pouted.

"So aren't you gonna explain to me what happened?" I asked while tapping my fingers on his desk. He nodded then stood up.

"Come, why don't you meet the person who did it, yes," he said and I looked at him confused then stood up and followed behind him.
Did what?

We walk over to a door in which I never seen or been before. Before he opens the door he placed his hand on the pad and it scans it. Very classy, what could possibly be down their why he need all this shit. The door opened and we walked in and went down the stairs.

I began looking around the place which had cages, old pipes, wires, and blood it's almost like I wanted to throw up, so disgusting.

"Here she is" I heard Nikolai say and I turned around and saw Amy. Amy? So she had something to do with this, I hate this sneaking bitch.

"Nikolai what are you doing let me out of here" she spat and I shook my head in disgust.

"Now tell her what you have done to my drink and if you want to leave you will ask Serena and we'll see if she says yes or no" Nikolai smirked and I watched Amy gulp then look back at me with those puppy eyes in which I wasn't going to buy, pfft.

"Ok, so when I was entering the bar Augustine grabbed me and place a gun to my head, he threatened me and told me if I didn't put the pills that he gave me into Nikolai's drink he would kill me, now can you please let me out of here it smells disgusting" she said and I snicker which cause her to glare at me.

"Since your giving me so much attitude how about you stay here until tomorrow," I said and she began to scream "make it two days and I'll go higher if you don't shut the fuck up" I smirked then look up at Nikolai.

"That's my girl," he said then kissed my temple.

"Can we go now" I mumbled and he nodded. We left and went back upstairs. Wait am I forgetting something. I stop in my tracks and Nikolai looked at me confused.
Augustine. That piece of shit

"Wait didn't she say Augustine told her to put the pills in your drink?" I asked and he nodded.

"Do you know him?" He asked me.

"Yes, I met him at Alice house I didn't like him one bit he even tried to touch me," I said in disgust and I shudder while thinking about it. He was good looking and all but he's not as sexy or hot as Nikolai. I look up at Nikolai and somehow his mood has changed it was as if he was angry.

"Is there something that your not telling me?" I asked while giving an odd look.

"He can't touch what's mine" he growled then he said something that I didn't hear.

"Nikolai?"

"He's the Russian Mafia" he mumbled and it felt like I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. I disrespected him and he could have hurt me or even worst, killed me. All because I acted so boldly. Why me!?.

"I'm sure if you knew who I am you would be scared darling now tell me who is Nikolai?" He asked in his Russian accent.

'Darling' it just keeps repeating in my head and he knows Nikolai. I felt someone touch me on my shoulder snapping me out of what I was in. I jumped and look up at Nikolai.

"He knows you. Of course, he knows you, I mean you guys are enemies" I chuckled and it just felt like I was going crazy.

"Serena you need to calm down" I'm panicking again. But how could I calm down my best friend is in danger and he might also be connected to Jace. Yeah right, Jace. Shit, I'm gonna die soon.

"Serena look at me" he whispered and I look into his eyes "now breathe," he said and I took a deep breath. "Ok now good"

"Nikolai I'm scared" I whispered and he began caressing my cheek.

"It's ok Serena I'll protect you. I'll never let anyone hurt you, you'll just have to trust me ok" he assured me and I gave him a small smile.

"Promise?" I asked while pouting and he chuckled and nodded.

"Promise" he paused "now get some sleep," he said the lift me off the floor and I wrap my foot around his waist. He carried me back to our room and he placed me down on the bed.

But I don't wanna sleep I just got up" I pouted and he smirks then took off his clothes leaving him in his boxer.

"Do you want me to fuck you to sleep?" He asked and I gulp and shook my head.

"No, I think I'll just go to sleep," I said then walk into the bathroom.