Chapter 2

Mia's pov
Light

I'm woken up by light peeking through the curtains right into my eyes rolling over I see the time is 7:30 am.

Getting out of the bed is the hardest thing to do lately it's my happy place.

Going over to my bathroom I decide to take a quick shower as I'm getting dressed I hear my dad calling me from down the stairs.

See the thing is I still live with my parents but I been saving up to get my apartment I just need to find a job to get the rest.

Walking down the stairs I realize it is really quiet usually the house is loud because of my idiotic mother.

Walking into the kitchen I see my head leaning against the counter top with a cup of coffee in his hand and the other one is occupied with his phone.

" Good Morning sweetheart" he says looking at me

Yawning " Hi dad"

Looking around for my mom expecting her to be close by " Hey where is mom?"

"She said she had to go to work early or something like that"

Rolling my eyes " Dad she is probably lying wouldn't be the first" I mutter

He putts down his coffee " Because she is your mom. But enough of that what's tour plans for today"

" I'm going to go with Katie to look for a job so I can finally move out"

"  You do this will always be your home you can stay forever "

Sighing to myself  " Dad I know I just think it's time for a change. I want to explore new things I need my own space and plus this apartment will be a good thing."

"And plus your my best friend I won't be to far away and you can always come and see me"

I see tears in his eyes I walk over and wrap him in a hug and squeeze " Always Mia".

Before I can say anything else  I hear my phone going off. Retrieving it from my back pocket I see it is Katie swing she will meet me at the little cafe downtown.

" I'm going to go now  dad Katie will be waiting"

He nods his head and turns back to his phone. Leaning over the counter and getting my car keys I say bye to my dad.

On my way to downtown I start to think about my life. I really need a job I just do and I need to go look at this apartment to see if I want it. Pulling into the sidewalk parking I see Katie inside sitting at a table.

As I am walking in Katie looks up from her phone with a big smile on her face.  Sitting down in front of her.

" Why are you smiling so big you look scary."

" I'm just excited to see it and plus I'm ready to move in."

" Katie you are not moving in with me you can stay the night but not moving in."

She gaps and smacks my hands " I'm your best friend I will be over whenever I want so get use to it. Might as well make a extra key for me."

" Katie you have tour own place stay there."

" I do but I get lonely so I'm going to keep you company."

" Yeah yeah  enough you ready to go check it out"

" Hell yeah"

As I pulled up to the apartment the editor looks like a fancy villa in Italy it's beautiful. I get out of my car and walk over to Katie we walk into the building together. We walk into the building and go over to main office and see a middle aged man waiting.

" Welcome which one of you is Ms freeman me?" He says looking between me and Katie holding his hand out.

"Oh that's me it's finally nice to meet you in person instead of talking over the phone."  I say skating his hand

Before he could say anything back Katie steps in" Hi Im the best friend I want to know how much is it going to be a month?"

He laughs " about $900"

" Fuck"

" Katie" I say giving her a glare

" Sorry Mia"

I know 900 is a lot a month but my dad said he would help me pay the bills if I need it and plus I won't be moving in until I get my first paycheck from the job I find.

" okay do you guys want to go up and check it out" Mr. Potter says holing our the keys in his hands

" Yes thank you "

I grab the keys and we go to the elevator; I press the 17th floor and we go up. Humming the whole time I start to getting butterflies in my stomach somehow I'm getting nervous. Once we step off the elevator and make a right we finally find apartment 150. Unlocking the door we walk in together and my mouth is open in shock it's perfect. From a huge full kitchen, to a living room, 1 bathroom and a decent size bedroom.

" Mia where is my room"  Katie ask

I point over to where the couch will be.

" What the floor hell no." She gaps

" Katie I meant where the couch will be it's going to be where it turns into a bed."

" okay fine" she rolls her eyes and walks into he bedroom.

I pull out my phone and call my dad but it went straight to voicemail.

While I look up the apartment I look over at Katie and see her hiking the elevator door open for me I step in a immediately check my phone . It's 3:30 and tell Katie that I'm going back home. Arriving back hime I go up to my room and sit down in my bed and pull out my laptop. I click on and see what jobs are hiring. Im scrolling through the jobs personal assistant opening at Danvers Enterprise. I write down the number and decide that I will call it in the morning since it's already late. As I'm about to text Katie to tell her I found something I hear a roar of a car and I get up to look out the window to see a matte black Lamborghini pull up into the driveway. Scrunching my eyebrows to together I see a guy get out and start to walk towards the house I can't see what he looks like from this far up. The thing is my dad is rich and we live in a big house it must be one of his friends.

Hearing knocking at the door. I suck in a breathe as I hear my dad answer the door and greet the stranger.

Deciding it's not the best to listen in I go and change into some shorts and a t shirt and go to sleep. I turn off my lights and crawl into bed and get comfortable.

Tomorrow will be a good day.

A/N

Important notice to past and present readers I'm in the middle of changing everything so it might be weird if you read on and it doesn't make since. And with that I won't be updating until I fix the pervious chapters