2

The sun shines through the guest room blinds and I hear the kids running around downstairs. I look at the time on my phone and it reads *8:37a.m*. I think to my self how these kids are up already so energetic. I lay in bed wanting to go back to sleep until someone knocks on my door. I groan "what". They come in and it was Elias.
Thank god I had covers on because I sleep in my underwear with and oversized T-shirt.
"Sorry but I was told to come see if your awake and tell you to be ready before 9:30. You're coming to the rink." He tells me. I said ok and he walked out so I can get ready. I guess I'm not taking a shower or even eating breakfast this morning.
I get out of the warm bed and brush my teeth. After that, I put on some black leggings, my red Boston college 'Smith #11' hoodie. I put on my natural light make up, pull my hair into a high pony tail and slip on my white slip on vans.
I grab my phone and head downstairs.

"Mike took the kids to my moms house so he's going to meet you guys at the rink afterwards." Brigitte informs us. I look at Elias and he's nodding his head.
"The two Ellie's are carpooling together" she laughs. "Not funny. At all. Not even clever brig" I tell her letting her know.

"Ellie" Elias starts. "Where did you get your name - Ellie- at? Yours is unique and Mike is just mike. Your mom like you more or something?"
"Thanks I think she does but don't tell him that. Ellie means "God is my candle or light" my mom is the one who got it from I think our great grandma. Her name was Eleanor but that was an old lady name so she just named me Ellie."
"You guys better get going." Brigitte interjected in.

On the way there, we stopped at Tim hortons of course since were Canadian. We got some stuff for the guys as well. I couldn't have showed up empty handed after not seeing them for a long time.

15 minutes later we arrived in the back of the dome. Morning skate started at 10 and we were late because it was 9:45 when we arrived. We got passed security and my brother was standing there all suited up and ready.
"Where the hell were you guys. Ellie I told you to be ready to be here by 9:30. Elias, you should've just left her at home if she was taking too long. This is your job. It depends on you being here" Mike gives us a long lecture. It wasn't even my fault. I was ready on time. We just stopped somewhere first.
"Okay dad" I joke. "Look" I show him the bags and cups. "We just went to timmies first. You don't get what we got you then."
"I don't even care. We got to get to practice. Coach isn't messing around today. Our first real game is today. No more preseason E. Go sit in the cafeteria or something."
I look at Elias and he hands me everything so I can take it to the room and so he doesn't get in trouble and have to sit out the first game this season.

"Here. Let me help you. I don't want to see you drop all the timmies. We don't want them go to waste" I hear from behind. I try to turn around to look before the person took the cups out of my hands.
It was Johnny Gaudreau. "Thank you-" I start.
"Ellie! You're back. Mike said you graduated. Will you be staying here in Calgary?"
"Johnny. Gosh I haven't seen you since you got drafted. But thanks for your help. But no I'm actually going to Texas.. I'll be working for the stars." I smile.
"Johnny!" Some deep voice yells from down the hall. "Now!"
"Sorry. I have to go. But that's great to hear although we wish you'd be able to work for us. But hope to see you at the game tonight. Meet and catch up before you leave?" He picks up his sticks and runs out like a penguin. It's funny when they try to run with skates on.

For the rest of the practice, I talked to their AT that has been there for 10+ years. I had so many questions and he helped me out with a bunch of things. I also learned a lot more than I did while in school. Now i know I can contact him whenever I'm in need of help down in Dallas.
During the skate, I just walked around with him to see what he does in the daily life of a Flames AT. I ate my Tim hortons and watched their skate.

Practice was over at noon so we went back home so mike and Elias can have a good meal, take a nap, and get their mind straight for this game tonight.
They play the canucks so it should be a good Canadian rival.

I, myself, when I got home, took a long 3 hour nap. When I woke up and walked downstairs, they were already gone to the rink.
I made myself a sandwich and decided to put on a flames jersey. 'Smith' of course.
Brigitte introduced me to some of the other WAG's when we arrived and we all headed up to our seats which was actually around the fans which I loved. Some people knew who we were, and others didn't which was nice.

Pd 1- CF- 0 VC-1
Pd 2- CF- 1 VC- 1
Pd 3- CF- 1 VC-1
OT- we won 2-1!!

"Woah that was so close. My first game of the season and it's like this.. this years going to be tough for them" I say to the girls.

Since it's a Saturday night, they all went out after a win at Mark Giordano's house. Each player takes turns. They have food, games, beer, and it's fun but Brig and I went home. I go to my moms house tomorrow night so I need some sleep before a 2 hour drive there.