31

It's been 10 days since we had brought home our baby boy Calder. This was not one of the names we had written out in notes on my phone, but we just fell in love with this name and thought it was right. Calder James. Ever since I was a little girl, I never wanted my child to have a name that everyone had. I wanted him/ her to be special, different, have a unique name. Calder was the name of the Calder cup in hockey that is given to a player who is proficient in his first year of playing. We also just had to name our first born son with a name associated with Tyler's other love, hockey.

     He's been a very happy, healthy, and energetic baby. I am not breastfeeding so I have to get up every 2-3 to feed him. The first night we brought him home, he slept pretty good at night but now he is crying every hour. I usually just fall asleep in the rocking chair holding him unless Tyler doesn't get up before me to do it. He's been a huge help and the best dad there is. We're all new to this and he's catching on very quickly. He knows how to fix him a bottle, he rocks him to sleep, changes him and even changes his diapers.
During the day, they take naps together looking cuter than ever. I can't be more blessed than to have these two boys in my life.

I feel bad a lot of times because this has been a huge few weeks for Tyler. They are in the Stanley cup finals. The finals!  Tonight is game 7 against the Red Wings. The biggest game of anyone's life. They have been at the rink non stop practicing, watching videos, and training for this huge game. It's a win or lose scenario. It's a dream to put the huge shiny Stanley cup over your head in front of thousands of fans and giving it a big kiss. Luckily, Tyler had done it once before, back in Boston with the Bruins. He was young and all he cared about was partying afterwards, drinking out of the cup. This year, he has bigger things to dream of. His first child is born, a baby boy, he's here and love to see his daddy win the Stanley cup. He doesn't know what that is yet, but when he grows up, he'll know how big of a deal holding that cup is.

I cannot miss this game but I couldn't leave my newborn already but somehow many people had convinced me to. Jennifer has her sister watch the kids when she goes to a game and then after, she brings them to the arena to see their dad.
It's been 10 days since we've brought him home and I don't think they're supposed to go out to the public so soon. Jennifer's sister is a nanny and has been for over 25 years. She has experience with few day old babies to teenagers so I do trust her with everything.
I haven't been out of the house for a few months doing something this exciting. If they lose this game at home, it will be devastating. It's the biggest game of the year. Of their lives.

It was 10:30 when I woke up from many times going back to bed. I see Tyler was already gone from the apartment so I make myself a hot tea and relax on the couch watching NHL network to hear about the game tonight and until Calder wakes up. On a big game like this, the players arrive very early to talk to the media, work out, watch video, practice, and just get ready for the game later and get in their right minds.
I look at my phone and I have a lot of texts that I haven't seen. Some still are on there congratulating us on Calder but most are recent, from this morning.
Jennifer < hey momma. My sister and I will be on our way over soon. I got to stop at a few places then should be there about 1. I can't wait to see Baby C !!

Momma < big day!! I'll be watching from home with Tyler's family!
> Tyler's family?
< yes honey, I invited them over for a watch party. we can't wait til we see him lift the cup on TV since we cannot be there with you guys. How's my grandson?
>I didn't know that mom. I'm glad you two are friends lol. But he's sleeping now actually. He's been up all night.

I shut my eyes to take a nap but then Calder started to cry. I got him from the room and made him a bottle, sitting on the couch with him in my lap.
Tyler came crossed the Tv so I grabbed my phone and took a shot of Calder with Tyler in the back. I decided to text it to him to make him smile.
> Cal says Hi!! He cannot wait to see his daddy lift the cup on Tv next. Just hopefully he's not sleeping. I cannot wait, we love you, I'll see you tonight Ty. Let's win this thing.
< aw my little man, I won't disappoint. He's got many more summers with the Cup coming up , don't worry. I'll see you tonight hot momma, hopefully with a little something in my hands. I Love you both.