25

We had told everyone, but the world, about my pregnancy and it's going very well. Surprisingly, no one has put it out there on the internet yet or anything like that. I am getting bigger now that I am another month into the pregnancy so it's about to be that time where people could start to notice something. I was never super super skinny or big so to some, who never payed attention to me may think I've just been eating buffets everyday and not losing weight. It's the end of January and I will be going to the OB/GYN today with Brigitte who is here to visit me. Tyler has a game later today so he's at practice and cannot make it to this appointment which he feels so horrible about but I told him it's totally okay even though I am sad because this might be the appointment we find out the gender. Brigitte, herself, is going to pop in about a month. My brother is on a 7 day road trip and the kids are staying with Brigitte's mom so she decided to take a little vacation down here to Dallas.

Not much of my old clothes really fit me much anymore and I'm not in the stage to buy full on maternity clothes so I find a pair of gray leggings, a baggy Stars sweatshirt, and I slide on a pair of black and green Gucci slides I got for Christmas. I put on a light amount of makeup and put my hair in a French braid.
"Hey cutie. Good morning preggos" Brigitte says sitting at the island turning around.
"Mornin preggo. Tyler already leave?" I ask noticing he wasn't around and not looking at what time it was.
"Yeah. He just left like 20 minutes ago. Do you want to head out now? Stop at Starbucks first?"
I shake my head 'yes', grab my purse and see what car keys Tyler took.
"Guess we're taking the Jeep" I say flinging the car keys around. I motion Brigitte to go first so I can lock the door behind us.

"Welcome to Starbucks. What can I get you this morning?" The nice man asks when we arrive to the speaker.
"Chocolate croissant, Large White Mocha Iced coffee, a hot vanilla latte, and a egg white grill please. Oh and 3 cake pops. One of each flavor. That will be all."
"please pull up to the first window"
We exchange cash for food and drinks then were on our way to my doctors appointment.

"Ellie?" The lady comes out to the waiting room and announces. I stand up and telling Brigitte to come back with me if she wants. "Good morning. You two lady's can follow me back to room 12."
I hop up on the bed and Brigitte takes a seat on the couch and we just wait until the lady gets everything ready.
I know the routine by now so when I lay down, I pulled up my sweatshirt to get ready for the ultrasound. When the doctor started to put the cold gel on my stomach, Brigitte was videoing everything. For her to show my mom, brother, and Tyler and for myself to have something to look back on even though I will have the pictures of the baby from the ultrasounds.
She tells me to drink some more coffee to get the baby to move around and wake it up because it was asleep.
"It looks like your baby is tired and isn't energetic this morning. You're at a good spot where you could find out the gender but this little guy or girl isn't moving around for me." She says and I get very anxious.
"Come on little one. Spread your legs and fly" Brigitte says jiggling my stomach. I couldn't stop laughing.
"It doesn't look like he's budging. He's in there like 'leave me alone momma and my future aunt. Not today'. Let's get your blood pressure and all of that jazz and schedule you an appointment in a few weeks."
I was kind of disappointed but I was fine to wait longer. I get more photos from the doctor and find a right date to make the new appointment.
"I would like to schedule it for 2 weeks. I have 14th open if that's fine with you. I can find another date, I know that's Valentine's Day."
"Oh no. That's totally fine and works for me. Do you have something early? Also I don't want to know the gender. We're going to have a gender reveal so if you could call her" I say referring to Brigitte.
She hands me a card. "Here you go. We'll find out what you're having in 2 weeks. On Valentine's Day what better day"
I smile and say goodbye then shoot Tyler a text.

> Brigitte and I are on our way back from the appt. it went very well. Everyone's healthy, buttttt still no gender :(. Valentine's Day is the day. Mark your calendar baby ❣️. She said the baby wasn't budging to spread its legs.. so couldn't see what the baby is.
< I'm still at the rink, I'm going to work out then I'll be home afterwards. Around noon I should be back. I can't wait any longer babe!! I mean, I guess that's a good thing our kid keeps his or her legs closed. Hope that stays that way in the long future. Love you, miss you, see you when I get home.

When we arrive back at the apartment, I took a little nap and Brigitte went to FaceTime her kids and husband. When Tyler got home, we all went out for lunch and came back so he could take a game day nap.

Around 6, Brigitte and I headed to the Stars game. We were in the stands like real fans. Center ice about 12 rows up. This was her first time at the AAC and I haven't been to a game here in a while either. I'm glad no one seated around us recognized me as Tyler Seguins girlfriend and pregnant.

The game was against the Washington capitals so it was a tough one. A tough 6-2 loss. The Stars were on a 5 game winning streak and doing so so well. They are 7 points out of the playoffs.