12

Later on, when we all got back from coaches house, Jamie went to his apartment and Tyler and I went to his. It was 1 in the afternoon but it still felt like I was drunk. I plopped on the couch and Tyler came to sit with me, putting my head on his lap, rubbing my hair until I fell asleep. This is the best feeling. I smile and quickly, I fell asleep.

"El. Ellie." My eyes flutter. "Your phone keeps going off. I didn't want to answer it. Sorry I woke you up." I grab my phone from the coffee table to see who's bothering me.

Missed calls: Big bro, ATPaul(2), unknown, Momma
Text messages: JBenny, big bro, Paige
JBenny- Ellie, Paul's been texting me and he said he needs you to call him! He says he can't get ahold of you. Idk what you're doing so I told him you're going to the store.
> thanks. I was asleep. I'll call him in a little. Did he say what it's ab??? He didn't tell me I needed to come in today!!
Big bro- Seguin?? You?? What's going on? I know your on your own and I don't need to know what's going on but I know how this business goes. Not my first time el. No dating players. I always told you that not just because I'm your brother and I don't want you to date anyone, because them are the leagues rules! You don't date co workers. I don't even know if anything's going on but I see them pictures you guys post with each other. It doesn't look like friends to me. But I'm old right? What do I know?
Paige- Ellie!! I miss youuu. When are you coming back?? But anyway, how are you doing down there? We all know you're doing Tyler Seguin so you don't need to answer that. You guys are such a hotttt couple.
> I miss you so much. I'm not sure when. I'll probably be coming to the outdoor game!!. Wish I was playing in it :( But shut up P.. im doing very well down here. By myself. No Tyler!! It's hard though bc I still barely know anyone or made my own friends but that's ok I guess lol. I'll ft you later, love ya man!

I answer everyone back and I dread to call Paul back but I know I have to. I walk into the other room and call him. The ringing makes me so anticipated, nervous and scared on what he wants. We aren't friends like that, only talk to each other at work so why would he call me?

P- Hey I tried to call you.
E- I know. I'm sorry. I had to go out and grab a few things.
P- do you think you can come to the rink around 4?
I look at the time, 3:28.
E- umm, sure. That should work. Can I ask what for? I know I was drinking last night so did you tell me I had to come in today? Sorry but I only remember.
P- oh no. This just popped up and we need to meet there. Sorry it's so short notice.
E- oh, ok. Just wanted to make sure you didn't say to come in today. I'll see ya shortly. Bye.
I hang up the phone and wonder why I have to be there.

"What did he want?" Tyler asks and I just shrug my shoulders.
He hands me his keys to the Jeep and I head to the arena.
The traffic was a little bad today since it's a Saturday, 4 in the afternoon. I didn't get to the rink until about 4:15. I didn't know where Paul was at so I just was going to walk to his office until I heard someone call out my name coming from down the hall behind me.
"Ellie. We're going to be in here."
.... coaches office. What's this about? Being in here makes me scared.

"How'd you like your first Halloween party last night?" He asks shutting the door even though we are basically the only people in this whole place.
"It had a lot of fun. Thank you."
"I bet you're wondering why you're here. Huh?" I shake my head 'yes'.
"Uh-okay-" he starts with a big breath. "So.. when you were hired, I bet this was the same way in Boston or any other place you've been, you had signed a contract of course that stated many things about the players, about their injuries and other things like that. It also said you may not have any physical/ emotional attraction with a player or staff. And we've been noticing you and Tyler Seguin. I know you two are very close but I see more than friends and I've been aware of it. I can't say who you can and cannot like, but in this league, it goes that way. In my case, I never had a female as an AT or any position so I never had to deal with this..." he was about to continue. My heart feels like it's about to burst.
"Sir, nothings going on I swear. Him and Jamie were the two on this team who I met first and helped me with everything. They're like brothers, best friends to me..."
"Paul, Greg, can you step out for a moment please. Shut the door." He tells Paul and some guy I don't recognize.
"Ellie, tell me the truth. It's better to do that than lie because we see everything. Greg, the other man in here works for nhl. He's the guy who hired you basically. And you also know what I had seen this morning when I came down to get you guys for breakfast. This wasn't the first time with you two now. I don't want to do this, you're an awesome trainer but we have to let you do. No one in this league is allowed to date or have anything with anyone in this workforce. I'm so sorry Ellie. Thank you for the time with us. I know another team will pick you up. This won't effect anything if people don't find out why."
My heart is shot. I get up, set my badge on the table and I storm out of the door. I'm sad, angry, upset, confused. I have so many mixed feelings, I'm not sure what to think right now.

After the drive home, I just wanted to go back to my own apartment, pack up, cry and be mad at my self for this happening, and go back to Calgary. I knew I had to go to Tyler's first. One, because of his keys and two, to talk about what we have to do.