18

Today is thanksgiving, probably one of my top 5 favorite holidays. It consists of food, family and watching football teams we don't even like or never watched before. A bonus is that there's always an NHL Thanksgiving Day game on early afternoon. This years a little bit different though. I'm usually at my moms house back in Calgary, with my aunts, uncles, cousins, brother, sister in law and all of the kids. This year, I'm sitting in an apartment with a guy, my mom and her boyfriend I've only spent little time with. I'm pregnant and nobody knows except for myself and Lacey. Tyler couldn't make it home this year for thanksgiving either, but he will be for Christmas. This is good for us to spend it together along with one important family member on my side.

My mom has always been the early bird in the family. 4 am is usually her wake up time which is the time I usually go to bed. Since it's a holiday, I wake up around 8 am to get ready to watch the Macy's thanksgiving day parade which is a tradition for my mom and I. I find her baking the turkey and getting plenty of other things to cook. I go over to try to help her but she just pushes me away so I go and sit on the couch where David is. I text a bunch of my family 'Happy Thanksgiving', post pictures of my friends and family to tell them that I'm thankful for them like everyone else does on this holiday.
Tyler comes out dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt.
"T, you didn't have to look nice or anything today. I'm going to be like this all day" I tell him pointing down to my pj pants. Tyler never wears jeans so it's a special occasion when he does.
"I just got dressed" he laughs. "Are you feeling any better today?"
"Yeah, a little better" I lie. I really hope I can eat this turkey today without feeling sick. The stuffing smell is already getting to me.
Tyler walks over to my mom, "goodmorning Linda, do you need any help?" He asks.
"No thank you Tyler. I got this." She grabs the spoon from his hands. All I can do is laugh, she hates when other people help her cook because she likes doing everything herself, her way.

Noon comes around so we turn on the hockey game.  Washington Capitals are playing against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Dinner gets done around 2pm so that means it's time to eat. I grab noodles, corn, stuffing, mashed potatoes, bread, turkey, and some pecan pie. Man, I filled up my plate and when I was done, I was stuffed. 
"You got all of that and you barely ate a lot." My mom picks out.
"I'm stuffed. That filled me up. Look at all of this we have left over though. That's good because we never go to the store huh Tyler.. so we have all this for the rest of the week" my mom just rolls her eyes at me because she knows I'm not lying about us eating it for the rest of the week so we don't have to go to the store. 

      Once we get all cleaned up, it's time for a nap before the Dallas- Steelers game comes on at 6:30. Naps are the best after you get done eating turkey. My mom and David are in the living room on the couch and Tyler and I actually go in the bed like it's time to go to bed.

     I wake up from a text. Tyler does too, which I didn't know.
     From Lacey- happy thanksgiving my fam!!  Did you eat for two today?  I sure did and I'm not even the one pregnant.  I wanted to tell you I scheduled you an appt. Tuesday at 9:30. Is that okay??  I'll pick you up and we can go!
     > happy thanksgiving. Love you all.   But I sure didn't. I ate for not even half of me.  But that sounds good. I'll see you then!

"Who's that". I almost drop my phone from getting startled by Tyler.
"Oh. Just Lacey. She has a doctors appointment Tuesday and wanted to see if I wanted to come with her and watch the kids while she's at the appointment."  He doesn't question it and just lays his head back down. 

     Tuesday can't come quick enough. I'm ready to find out things and confirm if it's for real or not.  Pregnancy tests are wrong all the time.    After we all woke up from the nap, we gathered in the living room and watched the football game.

The Steelers ended up winning 28-17.
The capitals won of course too, 5-2.

Tomorrow my mom leaves to go back home and I won't see her until Christmas time.