35

Today is the second best day of my life. My wedding day, a day that I've been planning ever since I was just a little girl. The first best day was having our son, Calder. I am now almost 26 years old and I would've never had thought I would already have a one and a half year old. This past year has been a wonderful, amazing, blessed year and I would not do one thing to change that.
Today is a day to make some more beautiful memories and be with each other, forever. I'm so lucky to be able to have Calder watch his parents love and watch the day we say 'yes' to being together until death do us apart. It's so crazy to think I'm getting married, especially to Tyler Seguin.

We both wanted a Fall wedding but we both knew that couldn't have happened because of Tyler's schedule with hockey so we made it for the summer time. July. The month we got engaged. They always say, have an engagement period or date for a long time before you get married, but we didn't listen to any of that. Although we knew each other for a while, we only really dated for about a year and not even engaged a year but we love each other and it doesn't matter how long because we've known each other for a while. Our life didn't plan out the way it's supposed to anyway. I got pregnant at the age of 24, Tyler and I were just friends and we just had sex and it just happened but we grew to love each other and we were more than friends, best friends- lovers, so we decided to date. I lost my job over that boy and I still don't regret it. I think losing that job was a blessing to us. I would've never met the amazing guys I have today, I would've never got reconnected with Tyler. I'm so thankful for everything this life has brought and gave me in this year of being in Dallas.

Last night, Tyler and I separated since we wanted to do the 'no seeing her until she walks down the isle' thing.
The wedding is right here, in Dallas all of the teammates stayed and we flew our friends and family down for it. Tyler decided to leave the house last night and went over to Jason's and they all are getting ready there while my bridesmaids and mom are over here getting ready with me. Hair, makeup, nails, putting my dress on for the first time since I bought it.

Calder was with his dad and getting ready with the boys. I cannot wait to see him in his little tuxedo.

It was 4 hours before we had to be at the ceremony spot. I was getting more nervous each time I looked at the clock. There were many emotions running though me right now Like is he going to show up, will he think my dress is ugly, will he think I don't look beautiful, everything in that nature was running through my mind.
Us girls were sitting around the 'glam' room which was just my living room all a mess of us trying to get ready. I had already got my makeup done which was a horrible idea because I already cried twice today, when my mom walked in my front door early this morning with herself crying, and then Tyler sent me a text so when I woke up this morning, I would see it.
I was in the process of getting my hair done when a man walked in my front door. I got scared because it looked like Tyler's back from a glance. It was Jamie holding Calder.
I smile, take my boy from him and give Jamie a hug.
"Awww my boy look at you." I say to Calder in a high voice. I kissed his chubby cheeks forgetting I had lipstick on which was a blush color.
"You look so good. Segs can't wait to see you. You should see how nervous that kid is."
"Thanks Benny. You look good too, I bet my man looks hottt" I say laughing making Jamie uncomfortable. "But him nervous? How about me! I'm the star of this show today. Not him! What are you even doing over here?" I ask curiously.
"Well I thought I'd bring Cal to come see his momma, Tyler wanted me to see how you look even though he already knows that you are looking beautiful like always, and.... I have a gift. Front Ty to you." He hands my a box that is wrapped and it has a bow with a note attached to it. I better not cry.
I open up the box, it was a pair of earrings with a necklace to match. On the necklace, it has 3 charms to it. It has a C for Calder I'm guessing. A heart, and the numbers: 7.13.21, today's date. The date we're getting married. This is such a thoughtful, sentimental and sweet gift. I read the note to myself so no one would hear but they knew it was sweet because they seen my crying and trying not to ruin my makeup already. Jamie was going to go back and take Calder so I hurried upstairs to get Tyler's gifts for him to take back to give to him.
I got him a similar gift with the sentimental value in it. It was cufflinks. One reads, 'see you at the alter' and the other has a clock with the time we're getting married. The other gift was just a watch to match but I got it customized on the back in my handwriting to say: 'I love you more every second of the day - xo, El. p.s, don't be late!'
Talking about gifts, I thought it was time to give my mom and soon to be mother in law a gift to wear when walking Tyler and I down the aisle since neither of us has our father here.
For my mom, it was two hearts together which made an infinity sign and it read: 'mom, you held me first, you loved me first, and my heart will always be tied to yours. Love, Ellie Rose'
For Tyler's mom, I had gotten her a bracelet and her box read similar: 'you held him first, you loved him first, and a place in his heart will always be yours. Thank you for trusting me with a piece of your heart. Thank you for raising the man of my dreams.'
They both cried when I gave them theirs which made me cry too, again.