8

Tyler and I have an exciting day planned ahead of us. We are going to go see the Dallas Cowboys play the Washington Redskins. I've watching NFL on TV before even though it's not my favorite sport, but I've never been to a live in the stadium game. They are rivals so it should be a fun one. Tyler got tickets given to him and they aren't cheap seats either. They are in a luxury box next to where the owner usually sits and watches. It has its own bathroom, free food, tv's, and a dessert bar in it.
Even though the stadium is 20 minutes away from the apartment, it will take an hour to get there because of the traffic.

"Ty, do you have any cowboys stuff?" I ask for myself because he's only wearing beige cargo shorts, a blue T-shirt, and white converse.
"I might have a jersey you can wear but it'll be a dress on you. It'll be way too big. You look good with what you're wearing. Let's go. I want to get in there a little early" he tells me.
I grab my crossbody and phone and go get Jamie while Tyler waits in the car.

While we're walking to Tyler's Range Rover, Jamie feels something is up.
"What's up with you and Seguin?"
I shoot him a nervous look. "Nothing what do you mean ?"
"Look, I know you slept over there when we had game night and your clothes are over there from that same night on the floor why? Do I even want to know? I'm just trying to look out for you El."
"Jamie, I stayed there because I fell asleep. I didn't even know you left. You could've woken me up. I must've forgotten to get my clothes. I changed my pants because I had jeans on and wanted to be sleeping in something better. It's nothing I swear. Now let's go cowgirl"

The stadium was unbelievable. So many fans outside tailgating, cooking on their grills, playing corn hole. Everyone's waiting to go inside and for it to start already.
When Jamie was talking to the security guard, I pulled Tyler quietly aside to tell him Jamie knows something's up between us and that I don't think if we tell him it'll be a big deal.

We finally make it up to our suite just in time. The national anthem had just started to be sang. I am young and still into social media just like everyone else so of course I have to Snapchat this event. I pull out my phone and make a Snapchat video when the game kicks off. I show everyone our suite and what's in, not trying to brag in any way, shape, or form.
I take a pic the second time. A selfie of Ty, Jamie and I with the field behind us. I post that one on Instagram.

@eli.smi_11- My first NFL game w/ my cowgirls @jamiebenn_ @tseguin91 💙

In the middle of the game, they put Tyler and Jamie on the big screen because they found out we were there. A lot of people picked them out while walking back to the car and had to stop to get a picture or signature. We left about 10 minutes early in the forth quarter to beat traffic. The final score ended up with Dallas winning, 36-14.

If I haven't had ran into Jamie on the first day I got here, I don't know what it would be like. It's felt like I've been here with them for months but in reality, it's only been almost a week. I'm going on my first road trip with them coming up in 3 days on Wednesday night we are leaving to head to Pittsburgh.
It's been years since I've seen or talked to Tyler but it's been like we haven't even left each other. We've gotten very close to one another in a level of friendship and messing around with each other. It's crazy the turn it took with us but if something in life happens, it's meant to happen.
I was not planning to have sex or even hang out with these superstars here. I just wanted to do good at my job and get along with all the people in the organization and that would've just made me happy.
I owe my brother a lot of credit because I don't know if i would've gotten introduced to the people I have met up to today. Yes, I played for Boston college and went to play for team canada in the olympics my junior year and did that myself by my playing skills but do you really think people would keep an eye on me if it wasn't for who my sibling or friends are?
My brother actually doesn't know Tyler and Jamie as a friend or real person, he just knows them from being in the league. It feels good to have some other NHL friends that I have and mike doesn't.