26

The last game against the capitals, the game they lost, was the last game before the all star break weekend. You never want to end it off like that but they just have to push past it and get better during this all star break. Tyler, Jamie, Jason, and Ben all got selected to go to Tampa Bay, FL to play in it. Tyler and Jamie is supposed to be apart of the skills competition too which is an awesome experience. This is my first one I've ever been to but Tyler's 4th. This year, my brother even is apart of it and him and Ben are facing off against each other when the game starts on Saturday. Tyler has gotten injured in the last game but played it off like he wasn't hurting so it's best for him to sit out of this all star game to get better for the next game and get ready for the playoffs coming soon. We're both still going to watch his fellow teammates and we're going to meet Brigitte, the kids and my mom down there for little vacation in Florida.
We flew in last night around 10pm with the other guys from the Stars. We all are staying in the same hotel room on the beach about 10 minutes from where the all star game will be held. Today is only Thursday so we have a day to relax and spend time in Florida before the skills competition tomorrow on Friday.

     I wake up early to have more time spent in florida since were only here for a few days. We leave Sunday afternoon. I get on my phone to check social media's and texts. The most recent one is a text from my mom.
     > good morning honey! We arrived in sunny Tampa Florida. I have room 327 to myself. Come and we'll go get breakfast when you wake up
     < morning mom lol. We're in 229. I'll be there in like 20 minutes. Just woke up. Just us going?
     > yes unless Tyler wants to join. Your brother took the kids to the aquarium and then going swimming.

     I get ready for the day and head to find my moms room when I hear someone call my name from down the hallway.
"Ellie?!" I turn around because I didn't recognize the voice. I glance and then turn back around walking.
"Smith" this time I turn around again trying to make out who it was.
Oh. "Elias. I didn't even know it was you. What are you doing here" I ask realizing that was a stupid question and he laughs.
"Well a guy got hurt so they told me to take his spot. I'm staying in 219. Where are you headed?"
"Going to go to get some breakfast with my mom. You hungry?"
"I'll talk to you later then." He says giving me a hug. "No, no. Go ahead I just came up from the hotels breakfast. Pretty good waffles down there" I say goodbye and get a text from my mom again saying she's waiting down in the lobby.
Where we were going was about a 5 minute walk. It was a cute little place that overlooked the beach. I got a mock tail, waffles, and bacon. It was very good with a great view.

     For the rest of the day, Tyler and I hung out. We went to lunch/ dinner, went shopping, went on the beach, sightseeing, and many other things.

Friday.
Tonight is the day for the skills competition. It starts at 6 but there's many events leading up to it and even though Tyler cannot physically do it, we still have to go dressed up to all the events and he may even go down to the ice but just not in uniform. He's a 'scratch'.
After the competition was over, we found out who won each category. My brother beat bishop and won the most saves for the goalie, Jamie won accuracy shooter, and Elias won fastest skater but that's about it who i cared about winning. I know Tyler would've if he was in it, but there's always a next year and he needs to get better to play the real games for his Dallas Stars.
Saturday.
The metropolitan division won $1 million dollars and Sidney Crosby won the car they gave away to the star of the game. They had beat the Pacific Division 13-8.
Sunday.
Tyler and I wake up around 11pm today to get rest before we have to pick up all of our stuff and head back on the plane. We didn't get back to the hotel until late last night because we went out afterwards. After we got ready, we each packed up everything and met up with my family to say goodbye since they were leaving in a few.
Tyler and I went out to take a walk around downtown and see the beach one last time again. Around 2:30, it was time to meet up with the teammates and head back to what people were saying it was rainy Dallas. It was a fun filled weekend and I love coming to all star games.