22

Christmas. My favorite holiday ever. The best time of the year.
Today is Christmas Eve which has always been my favorite ever since I was little. All of our family gets together, eat, and catch up with the ones we only see around this time of the year. My cousins and I would always stay up very late, around midnight, to open one gift we picked for each other.
This Christmas Eve is going to be an extra special one though. Tyler's family and mine are all clashing and this is the day we tell them that I am pregnant.

We flew in last night and arrived at Tyler's house around 1am. Their house is about 30 minutes away from mine so we decided to rent out a dining hall place for all of mine and Tyler's family to meet at to spend Christmas Eve and party instead of going to one of ours house.
I wake up and find my way downstairs to their kitchen and I see one of his sisters sitting there. I think it's Candace. She gets me a plate with 2 pancakes, sausage, fruit, and lots of bacon on it then asks what I want to drink even though I could get it myself.  She pours me apple juice in a glass and sits it infringes of me. "Thank you very much" I smile.
We sit there for about 20 minutes just talking and gossiping about different things. It was nice because I've always done this with my mom, Candace felt like a sister I've never had.

     Tyler still hasn't woken up yet so I decide to get ready for the day. Around Christmas, I always wake up excited like a little kid on Christmas morning. I rummage through my suitcase to find my black pair of ripped jeans, a red baggy sweater, and my black booties.  I'm in the bathroom already dressed, makeup down, teeth brushed and all I'm doing now is doing my hair. I'm in the middle of straightening it when Tyler wakes up and peaks in the bathroom.
"Hey hot mama" he says and I jump which causes my straightener to burn me and I yell.
"Omg! Tyler! You're so lucky I didn't throw this  at you. Look at my finger Ty. Thanks love you too" I say with sarcasm. His face gets sad and I can tell he really feels sorry. He grabs it and puts it under ice water m, holding my finger, kissing it, and saying 'sorry' a million times.
"It's fine Tyler. Do you know how many times I've done this to myself? Hundreds." I say which is true especially when I try to curl my hair.
Once I was done with everything, I go out to see Tyler sitting on the bed just in his underwear.
He looks up at me, "Can you please pick out my clothes. I want to look good for your family. It'll be my first time meeting all of them. I especially need to get your brother to like me" he says.
"Pick our your clothes?  Do I need to feed you or pack your lunch?" I make a remark.
I look through his closet and all he has are shorts, sweats and Stars T-shirt's. I find one pair of dark jeans way in the back along with a long sleeve white shirt to pair with white yeezys.

     It's around 1pm so we decide to head to the place. Tyler's mom and mine have already met at the game a few weeks ago but that's about it.  Tyler's mom lets me drive her car so she wouldn't have to keep getting directions. It was just easier for me to drive. It was just Tyler's mom, grandma, and myself because his sisters were going to their boyfriends house which was totally fine with me. 

We arrive at the banquet hall and not many peoples there since no one usually comes until about 4 and it's not even 2 yet.
We walk inside and I look around to see if anyone's there yet. I see my aunt, cousins, neighbor, moms friends and boyfriend. Where is my brother at?  I'm most nervous for him to meet Tyler.
"Hello my daughter!" She says jumping to me to give me a hug. Then she goes over to Tyler to give him one and then his mom and grandma. She's a hugger. She grabs the food his mom made, "here, let me help you with that. You can bring that stuff over to the table over here. Everything looks amazing. Did you make this yourself?" She starts rambling on and I just laugh. I grab Tyler's hand to turn around and there's my cousins and aunt who I haven't seen in a long time. I introduced them all to Tyler and we headed to get food after that.
My brother popped out of no where with drinks all in his hand. A beer for him, sippy cup for his kid, a beer for Tyler and one of my favorite cocktails he made just for me. I obviously couldn't drink it though or tell him the surprise yet. I get it from him and tell him my early New Years resolution is to cut back on drinking. I sat down the cup and introduced him to Tyler.
"Tyler- this is mike. My old brother. The One and only." They bro shake and hug and oddly get along with each other like they've always known each other.  I go to find my pregnant sister in law to hang out with her and my niece and nephew.

     After many hours, family and friends started to pour in. Tyler met a lot of my family and I met some of his which was very nice. Around 8oclock, almost everyone we knew were coming was there so what better time to announce our 'secret'.

My mom gets everyone's attention and no one knows what's going on but my mom, Tyler's mom, grandma and us two. Unless my mom spoiled it to someone.
I get up in front of the room and start talking.
"Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Thank you for coming to the new location which is a lot better than to be crammed in someone's house eh?  Anyways, we never really done this any other year but there's a bunch of gifts up here. I'm going to call some lucky people up who gets to open them. Just come up behind here then I'll tell you when to open them."
In each box there was something to symbolize that I was having a baby. It went to my mom, Tyler's mom, his grandma, my aunt, my little cousin, my brother, Brigitte, and my niece and nephew.
I called them all up. First was my niece and nephews gift which was just a half and half jersey of Calgary and Dallas.
They were confused why I got them that then at the same time, I told each of them to open the gifts at the same time so one wouldn't spoil it before the other.
Brigitte got a wine bottle that said "don't open til...???"
My brother got a baby onesie which was Calgary that said "best uncle ever"
My mom and Tyler's mom got "grandma" necklaces.

     Some were confused, others were jumping with joy, and my brother gave me a face I could never forget. He cane around though and is very happy.

     After everyone left, it was very very late. 2am or later. I couldn't even tell you the time. Tyler was heading back to his house for Christmas, like I am then we're going to be together again in a few days and fur New Year's Eve. Before they left, they pulled out a bunch of gifts for me to open in the morning since the won't see me tomorrow. I felt bad because i didn't have any of Tyler's or his families with me. Some were back in Dallas and others were at my moms house.
I grab the presents and put them in my moms car and we head home very tired.