27

I was never a huge fan of Valentine's Day but this Valentine's Day is different. Today, we could know the gender of our baby but we are waiting and letting my sister in law Brigitte know so she can throw us a gender reveal. Valentine's Day should be everyday to express your love for one another and not just on February 14th. I miss the old days where at school we would make valentine card boxes and everyone had to give their classmate one.
When I woke up, Tyler was already out of bed, showered, dressed, and had breakfast done. I go into the kitchen where he was when I was done getting ready myself and he gave me 2 pancakes he made along with some sausage links and made me some hot tea.
< happy Valentine's Day!!! I can't wait to find out the gender!! I love you guys
> text you when we are out of the appt. I can't wait either I'm soo anxious but I won't know my self until the end of the month when you do whatever you're going to do.

When Tyler and I arrived at the doctors office, I was right on time and soon as we signed in, they called us back since we were the first 8am appointment.
I lied on the bed and gave Tyler a look when he held my hand. I smile. "I'm so happy you get to come to one. Especially this one."
He gives me a life on my forehead. "I'm so happy to be here El. Happy Valentine's Day to my two Valentines. I just want to know already but we have to wait for Brigitte and who knows what she'll do or when that'll be."
"Okay Ellie, I am going to turn this screen around now. Very very exciting Valentine's day."
She flips the screen around, moves around my belly, and then smiles a few moments later.
"Okayyy you guys. You're all set" she says wiping off the stuff from my stomach. "I will be calling your sister in law later with the gender news. Congratulations and happy Valentine's to you new parents. I'll see you back here in a month Ellie. Nice to see you Tyler"

I complain the whole way home that I want to know already what the gender of our child is. I love surprises but I just want to know.
The doctor said she would call Brigitte later around 4pm so I told Brigitte and she said she's going to be staring and holding onto her phone all day.

Tyler was acting kind of weird when we stepped into our building. He had the keys but gave them to me and told me to go in first. I argue with him about it until we got to the door then I just walked in because I wasn't going to win the fight. I turned on the lights and put my purse down.
"Babe" he says.
"What?" Still not noticing the surprise.
"Kitchen." I turn around looking into the kitchen seeing yellow roses everywhere which are my favorite. There's a huge red roses made into a heart bouquet, edible arrangements fruit baskets which I've been craving, chocolates, a huge card, a stuffed animal for the baby, a Tiffany Box which are earrings and lastly a Louis Vuitton Box which has an all black crossbody in it with red details.
"Omg. Tyler I can't believe you. I love everything. I don't know what to say" I start to tear up.
"Happy Valentine's Day. I love you. Also dinner tonight at the Polynesian Garden Overlook downtown. 8pm."
I felt so bad because I didn't really get him anything. What do you get a guy on Valentine's Day? I had no idea. I got him another watch he doesn't need, a wallet, a backpack for the plane on gamedays, Calvin Klein underwear, cologne, his favorite candies, sunglasses, and a few more new ties that will match his suits.

'What to wear... what to wear...' I say to myself so many times trying to find something for this Valentine's Day dinner. I find a red body con lace dress, I leave my hair down- curled nicely, put cute makeup on, wear my new Tiffany earrings, and some white high heels.
Tyler actually dressed appropriately nice fur this dinner. His hair nicely combed, a navy blue shirt tucked into his beige khakis that he paired with brown slip on guy moccasin type of shoes. Wearing the new cologne I bought him I smelt.

" this is too fancy for us" I say laughing while walking to our seat the waiter took us to. It over looks the night time Dallas skyline which is when it's the most beautiful to look at.
"I know. I know. But hey you look even more beautiful than the view out there ya know"
I roll my eyes and smile. It was time to order.
I would've been ordering some type of alcohol but we both got waters.
Tyler ordered steak and I ordered shrimp. Even though we couldn't eat anymore, we ordered dessert. A molten chocolate cheesecake cake. Wow, was the the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. I mean, it was $15 but well worth it.

It was about 10:30 when we were on our way home and I got a text on my phone a few hours ago I didn't see.
< i didn't want to call Incase you and Tyler are on a vday date. I didn't want to disturb you guys but your doctor finally called me... and it's a... jk. You'll have to wait to find out to see tomorrow. Although I wanted to throw you a huge party, I couldn't because obviously I'm in a different country so I got Jamie to do it. I just told him what to do and everything. You're going to find out what you're having. Tomorrow. I cannot wait for you to know. Talk to you tomorrow. Then we'll be able to say he or she.

"Tyler Brigitte just texted" I say freaked out a little.
"What? What? We should've read it together but that's okay. So? Am I having a son or daughter?"
"I don't know yet. Jamie knows though."
"What? What do you mean you don't know? And Jamie? What? How?"
"Well know for sure tomorrow. Since Brigitte couldn't throw a huge gender reveal party, she told him instructions and we'll know what we're having tomorrow because he's throwing us a party."

We talk for a little bit more before we headed to bed. I couldn't get myself to sleep at all because I was up all night wondering what our child is going to be. A boy or a girl even though we'd be happy either way.