15

Fast forward time—>

     It's been exactly almost a month since I got 'released' from the stars and over 2 months since I moved here to Dallas. It's been a very hard 3 months.  I've moved in with tyler but not fully. My things are still in boxes all over his apartment because I still don't know what to do with myself.  I know I had a month to think but I need more time. There's not many job listings around for what I can do so I've been in the apartment alone when Tyler has games or is on the road. 

     Thanksgiving is here and my mom and her boyfriend are coming to stay for a few days. The team is on the road and will be back tomorrow night. My mom is flying in later today which I am very excited for because I haven't seen her in a few months. I also had only met her boyfriend briefly once before. We said hi. To be honest, I thought he was just a co worker dropping her off at home. They've been dating for 5 months now.

     From Ty😍🤪🤩- soo what time is that momma of yours getting in today
     > wish you were here!! She'll be landing around 2:30 I think. I'm nervous to actually be around David. Idk what he's like or anything!  It's gonna be awkwarddd. Are you sure it's ok to have them stay?? They'll be fine in a hotel room. But How's it up there in NY?? Cold?
     <   Me too! I'll see you tomorrow night baby.   Don't worry, your mom wouldn't bring/ date him if she didn't think you two wouldn't get along or anything. It'll all be good. Babe, it's fine. Quit asking. I don't mind at all. It's only until Monday anyway. 3days.  It's actually nice up here, 55 deg.
     > okkkk. See ya / good luck tn T love uuuu
     < islanders who?? They got nothing on us. Love yuh too. Make sure your watching!
     > wouldn't miss it

     It's a Thursday mid day so the traffic shouldn't be bad at all. It's 1:30 and I get a text from my mom saying they'll be landing approximately 2:45. I grab my crossbody, phone, shoes, and the keys to the Benz and head to the airport wish it about a half an hour away.
First, I stop at Starbucks to get everyone a little something.
- green tea frappe for me, vanilla chai for mom, and I'm not sure what David likes so I just get a plain hot coffee. I can't forget any food either. I get a ham and cheese croissant, 2 original croissants, a cheese danish, a chocolate croissant and 2 cake pops for myself.

     I get to the terminal I'll be picking my mom up at: gate 6A2. I guess I was wrong, it was packed because it's the holiday weekend. Stupid me for not thinking that thanksgiving is on Sunday. I pull over on the side where the pick up lane is to find my chocolate croissant. I spot a lady with a huge purse lugging around a suitcase in a bright pink sweater.  That's my mom for ya.
I honk about 5 times until age spots me waving my hand out the window yelling her name. I get out to help them with their stuff and to give hugs.

     "I got you all Starbucks. I'm sorry, I didn't know what you like David. So I just got you a coffee and a  croissant or cheese danish."
"Oh Ellie, that's totally fine. It's very good. Thank you hun. And also thank you for inviting me and letting me stay with you, I could have gotten a hotel. That would've been no problem" David says. I smile because he seems like a really nice guy.
My mom chimes in, "oh Ellie.. what is this boys name you're living with? I was trying to tell David but I forgot."
"Tyler mom. Tyler for the hundredth time" I laugh.
"He plays for the hockey team your mom said? Tell me it's not the Tyler Seguin is it?" David asks and I get nervous.
"Yeah. Yeah it is.. why?" I ask quietly.
"Oh wow. I'm so star struck." He laughs. "He's one of my favorite players in the league. I can't believe I'm meeting him let alone spending time and staying in his house"
"Hockey fan eh?"
"He'll yeah, for sure. Ever since I was in diapers. My dad had me grow up watching the Kings.  I'm from Utah so it was a team close by everyone loved."

On the way home I got to get to know David a lot. My mom barely spoke because she wanted us to get to know each other.

     "Here's your home for a couple of days. This is living/ kitchen/ game room.  Follow me-  this is our bed and bathroom.  Over here is another bathroom for you guys and your room is down here" I say showing them the whole apartment.
It was almost 4pm and I was getting hungry so we went to this burger place which is down the street for some burgers, fries, and alcohol. When Tyler gets home tomorrow night, we have some fun plans for Saturday and then Thanksgiving is Sunday. Before they leave Monday night, Tyler wanted to take them out to lunch and go to a museum downtown.

     When we finished eating, it was dark already so we headed back to Tyler's apartment and sat in the living room.  I turned on the game and we all sat around watching that.
They ended up winning 6-2. It was a huge win for them since they were on a losing streak. Jason got a hat trick, Tyler git 4 assists, 1 goal and Jamie got the other 2 goals.

      I shot Tyler a text saying goodnight and I was proud for him and that he didn't have to show off for my mom.