IX. Percy

Me: Where is everyone?

Everyone: ......

Me: You guys scared to do the disclaimer? Bunch of chickens.

Everyone: We are not chickens!

Me: Well then you won't mind if I make you do the disclaimer?

Leo: I volunteer as tribute!

Annabeth: You watched The Hunger Games?

Leo: Yeah and for the record I'm the girl on fire not Katniss!

Me: You realized that you called yourself a girl right?

Leo: 😳 Change the girl to boy.

Me: Alright that's a boy tribute now we need a girl tribute.

Girls: ......

Me: Don't tell me you're scared.

Piper: I volunteer as tribute!

Me: Let the annual 9th disclaimer begin!

Me: Let's see who does it the best.

Leo: The author doesn't own us.

Leo: Beat that! I just stabbed you!

Piper: Rick Riordan does. *does it with charm*

Piper: And I just killed you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Percy? You still haven't answered," I heard Leo say. "Dare," I blurted. I didn't know why I just said that. "Dude, I pity you," Jason said. "Why?" I didn't really know what the fuss was about. I mean it's just a dare. "The last person who took a dare from Leo had to stay in the infirmary for two weeks," Jason replied. "You got to admit it was really funny," Leo said. "Jason, weren't you the one who took a dare from Leo last time?" Annabeth asked. "Um yeah I meant the person before me," he replied. "Oh I remember now. I feel bad for that camper," Piper said. Now I was regretting my choice. I do not want to staying the infirmary for two weeks. It's boring in there. Just the usual people coming to visit you and the Apollo kids taking care of you. "What did you dare them?" I asked. "Never mind. Let's just get back to the game," Annabeth said, getting bored.

"I dare you to do the ice bucket challenge," Leo said. "That's not so bad," I said. "Wait you didn't let me finish. You have to freeze the water to -3 degrees," Leo said with an evil grin on his face. "He could die!" Annabeth said. "A dare's a dare," Connor said, obviously excited for this. Well I wasn't. "Fine," I mumbled.

I got up to get a bucket of water. Then I used my powers to freeze the water. Leo's planned backfired because the water froze, no longer liquid. Leo considered this for a minute. "Travis, please bring me a hammer and a bucket of water," Leo asked. "Sure thing," Travis said. He sat up and ran out of the room. "Leo, please tell me your not going to put the hammer in the bucket of water and have me pour it over my head. Cause that would hurt," I said, scared. "No. Nothing like that," Leo said with a grin on his face. "Something even better."

Travis came back with the hammer and bucket of water. He handed Leo the hammer and set the bucket in front of him. Suddenly Leo stood up yelling,"HAMMER TIME!" He smashed the bucket with ice in it and shards of it flew everywhere. We had to cover our faces. Even the bucket broke. "Leo! Next time warn us before you do that!" Nico yelled, picking pieces if ice off of his clothes. "Oops, sorry. Not really," Leo said with a grin. He scooped up the pieces of ice and dumped them in the bucket of water. "Now Percy, you have to dump this bucket water over your head," Leo said. He was acting like I was a five year old! "I know how to do the ice bucket challenge!" I yelled back.

I took a deep breath then dumped the bucket of water over my head. It was freezing! Just imagine swimming in the Atlantic Ocean at night with only shorts and a t-shirt. Yeah it was that cold. Some pieces of ice found its way into my shorts and shirt. By then I was running around the cabin trying to shake the ice out of my pants. I tried to shake my legs to get it out by that didn't work because the ice traveled down into my underpants. Yep I was having the worst day ever. I survived monsters and angry gods but not this? "Gah! It's cold! It's really cold," I said. I was shaking all over.

"Hey Perce you alright?" Leo asked, trying to contain his laughter. "No! The ice is not suppose to freeze that part!" I yelled back. I ran into the bathroom and turned on the hot water in the bathtub, ignoring everyone's laughter. I didn't wait for it to fill up. I plunged into the bathtub, heaving out a sigh. The ice quickly melted. I got out of the bathtub and dried myself. When I walked out the door this is what I see: everyone on the floor laughing, even Nico who I thought never even cracked a smile. Everyone except for Annabeth and Leo.

Leo was running away from Annabeth who was gripping her knife trying to kill him. No one even noticed me coming out of the bathroom. "Hey!" I yelled. Annabeth stopped running and staring at me. "Percy! Are you alright! Are you hurt? Leo this is all your fault! He could've been killed!" she yelled. "What's so dangerous about a bucket of water being dump over your head?" Leo asked. "A bucket of water that is -3 degrees can kill you!" Annabeth said, holding her knife at Leo's throat. "Hey! I'm alright. You can put your knife away now Annabeth." Annabeth sheathed her knife still glaring at Leo. "How was I suppose to know?" Leo asked. "You are so stupid sometimes," Annabeth replied. "Sometimes?" Frank asked. "Frank! Be nice," Hazel said.

"Alright, alright. Settle down everyone," Thalia said. "You sound like my third grade teacher," I commented. It was true. Whenever it was to loud in the classroom, Mrs. Sauit would always say that. "Shut up and let's just continue on with the game," Thalia replied back. Everyone quieted down and the game continued.

"Frank, truth or dare?" I asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Hey guys! I always wanted to write a chapter about someone doing the ice bucket challenge. The Hunger Games cast did it! I'm a huge Hunger Games fan.

So anyways I forgot to say this in the last chapter so here it is: That chapter was dedicated to jenqtgirlie. Thank you for suggesting that dare to me. All the credit goes to her. I'm sorry I didn't write it in the chapter. I'm writing it now though so that's counts as something right?

Bye my fellow demigods! Peace out.✌️