Introduction/Author's Note

In which Mark calls back and finds his true home in the 6 boys he grew up with as a child.

~~~

Hello to all of you reading! I'm so glad that you stumbled across this story, most likely because you love NCT Dream as much as me. I hope that you all will continue reading this story, and if you'd like, feel free to skip ahead to the first chapter, the prologue.

Other than the characters, the rest of story is just something of my imagination that I'm writing in an attempt to capture the beautiful bond that all of the boys in NCT Dream share, even though in this story, the band doesn't exist; they are simply best friends living a normal life. Just like you, I'm sad that Mark has graduated from NCT Dream, and I'm certainly not mad or anything; I'm simply trying to relive all of the memories of them together throughout this book.

I hope you all feel something while reading this, whether it's nostalgia, reflectiveness, sadness, longing, happiness, or anything else. I want to do my best to display the chemistry and friendship of all of them together and evoke deep feelings in you all.

This story consists of a few parts, just in case you're curious.

First, there's a series of short prologue chapters, written in the 3rd person to show you the background stories of each of the boys and how they met.

Next comes the flashbacks of notable memories and experiences of the boys while they were growing up together. These will be written in different perspectives, depending on whose memory it belongs to, and will also be published in chronological order.

Despite the fact that the perspectives of the other boys are the main part of the story, the plot centers more around Mark towards the end of the story, so the last section is made of substantive chapters written in Mark's perspective.

There aren't any large triggers, but if you don't like reading curse words, this isn't the story for you. Cursing is infrequent because if it is written, it comes naturally from how I speak, which consists of occasional swear words, but they aren't words that I use in normal dialogue and conversation. Also, this includes LGBTQ+ themes, so if you aren't about that, please leave. There is no smut also, and the most you'll get is possibly a makeout session, don't worry about sexual content if you don't like reading that.

Note that this book isn't all about ships, though it does include some for parts of the story, that isn't the focus of the book; the focus is their friendship and Mark's struggles. But there will be some "moments" between certain characters, as I'm trying to paint the struggles and experiences of teen boys growing up together. That includes experimenting with sexuality, which obviously isn't limited to only heterosexuality. However, these moments or relationships will simply be part of a side story, not the main story.

If you read through this, thank you, and I really hope you enjoy this story! Feel free to ask questions if you need clarification on anything. I'm really excited for what is to come!