Prologue: Haechan

Lee Donghyuck had always been a happy child. He was born in Seoul to a loving mother and father, who both gave Donghyuck the opportunity to grow up in the world and learn for himself, letting their curious son explore. He came from a family who was not particularly affluent, but they had enough to comfortably raise their baby boy. A year after his birth, they brought a younger brother, Junhyuk, into the world, giving Donghyuck a companion for the early moments of his life.

Junhyuk, although explorative, curious, and positive like his older brother, was born with heart and lung issues, requiring a fair amount of extra attention. Though his condition was difficult, everyone expected the young boy to survive to old age just like anyone else without his conditions. That's why it came as a surprise when the child's heart failed at the young age of 1. Donghyuck was devastated. Being a toddler, the concept of death was something he didn't understand, and it tore him apart to learn that he would never see his brother again.

In Donghyuck's suffering, still only a two-year-old, something in his mind clicked and he had an identity crisis of sorts. Not even parents really knew what happened with their son, but coming out of his crisis, he began to call himself Haechan. He stayed the same boy, with the same personality, same ticks, and same habits, yet the name he wanted to express himself with was different.

Donghyuck's parents took him to many psychologists to evaluate him and this new change, spending their saved-up schooling funds for him, but every single time, the doctors said that there was nothing wrong with their son. So, Donghyuck grew up as Haechan, the boy still aware of his real name and his deceased brother, but he simply had a new name to push the suffering of losing his loved one to the back of his mind.

There was a small void in Haechan's heart for his brother, but that would soon be filled by not one, but six boys.

_______________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed that short update! If you did, please vote!