Prologue: All Good Things Come To An End

Though each boy came from different backgrounds, all with different stories and reasons for visiting that park that fateful day, that first step of acquaintanceship turned into a blossoming, beautiful friendship. The bond between them even grew to be stronger than the ones they shared with their own families.

They supported each other unconditionally, every boy riding the same scary ride that was life, with its steep, ascending wind-ups, stomach-churning drops, and thrilling loops. Each boy became so reliant on each other, feeling as though the world ended when one was gone, testing their resilience with a piece of their protective shield missing, even it was only for a short period of time.

It was almost concerning how inseparable they all were, worries growing that they would all break mentally once they grew up and would have to part ways to pursue what their lives held them. Yet, the boys never had any plans of parting. It wasn't even a thought that crossed their minds; they were all so content as they were. They weren't naive, especially so when they became teens, but they just couldn't imagine life without each other. Maybe they figured that they would grow up, living happily all together, working together, and sticking together no matter what.

That's why it practically tore them all to shreds when Mark, the backbone of the group, the person that united them most, their undeclared, but implied leader, announced that he had to leave and return to his home country for academic opportunities that his parents told him to pursue. It left a hole inside them, something that wouldn't fill back up until they got him back home, with them.

_____________________________________________________________

If you enjoyed this chapter, please VOTE and leave comments! I love hearing my reader's thoughts on the book!

The Flashback section is starting right after this chapter, so please look forward to longer, more meaningful updates!!!!