Flashback: Confirmation

Jaemin's POV

Age: 14

"We're playing truth or dare," Haechan announces, wrapping his arms around a downy pillow as sinks cozily into the plush cushions of the couch. I gulp nervously, sinking further into my sleeping bag. 

Truth or dare is a fun, or at least was, a fun game to play. It used to be all innocent things, like drinking a pungent mixture of condiments or asking who the most annoying person in school is, but then middle school happened.

 Now, truth or dare during sleepovers, even with my best friends, consists of odd, sometimes uncomfortable questions from my horny-ass, pubescent best friends, which can be amusing at times, but is also pretty nerve-wracking at others. And nobody wanted to be that wimp who only chooses truth.

"I beg your pardon, Prince Haechannie," I snort, teasing Haechan for his adamant, bossy announcement to us. Maybe a few rounds of truth or dare is just what I need to loosen up a bit with now... It may actually be fun, right?

"I said, Jaemin, my personal jester, that we're playing truth or dare. And that's final," Haechan repeats, jumping out of his comfortable position on the couch to wrestle me, but I beat him easily by finding his ticklish spots. Haechan's a bit of a weakling as well, but don't tell him I said that. Laughing uncontrollably as he wiggles around in my grasp, I finally feel content with my level of payback towards him, and I settle back into my previous position.

Heart warmed, I giggle a little, becoming ecstatic simply by these small, sweet moments with my friends. It's impossible to articulate with words how happy they make me feel every simple day. Especially at this point in life where it's so easy for me to feel isolated by the things that are plaguing me: my appearance, masculinity, ability to fit it, and my sexual orientation amongst many other things. All seven of us are in this together, and it's comforting to know that we're all sharing the struggles and helping each other through it.

"Truth or dare is cool with me," Jisung yawns, somewhat struggling to keep his eyes open, his head resting on Mark's chest, as Mark scrolls through some app on his phone, seemingly unbothered by the fact that Jisung's made him his own personal pillow. I coo at the scene, infatuated by how adorable Jisung and Mark's antics are, snapping a picture secretly to use as blackmail against Mark. You never know when it'll come in handy, plus, it's so fun to tweak Mark's chain. And, the two of them are just cute, I suppose.

"Plus, don't we all want to figure out who Mark is crushing on? He's too lame to actually choose a dare, so..." Renjun laughs, piquing Mark's attention as he gives Jeno a scowl, shoving his phone in his pocket as he turns his attention back to us.

"Okay, then. Chenle, you're up," Haechan snickers, a diabolically mischievous smile appearing on his face, "Truth or dare?"

Chenle contemplates for a bit, finally deciding on one. "I don't feel like doing anything outrageous right now, so I'll stick with truth."

Everybody nods, respecting Chenle's decision, though I feel as though once the game progresses a bit more, everyone will get pretty fed up with repeated "truths" being called. Sitting up, I watch Haechan expectantly, as he diabolically formulates a question in his head.

"Hmm...Oh, wait! I got it!" Haechan chirps, "Who's the most attractive out of all of us? Don't worry, Lele, though. We won't tease you about your answer 'cause we know that you don't actually have a crush on any of us." Chenle sighs in relief, expecting a worse question. Haechan seems to be going easy on the truths, as he usually gets more intense over Truth or Dare. He's probably just going easy on Lele because we're staying over at his house tonight, though.