Flashback: Spend My Life in Love With Him

* VERY LONG CHAPTER*

~~

Jisung's POV-Age:16

"Come on in, Lele," I call eagerly from my comfy position on my worn couch, responding to a loud, but familiar knock on the door. Unlocking the door from the outside, an endearing, familiar mop of bleach-blonde hair peeks through the opening in the door, and I immediately grin, my stomach swirling with naive, fluttering butterflies. Soon after, I'm met with that familiar, cute, mischievous smile of my best friend as he bounds onto the couch to tussle with me, disrupting my comfy state, yet I'm not complaining one single bit.

After Taemin's brush with death almost two years ago, he decided, very reluctantly, to go to rehab to seek help and get healthier, which was definitely for the better. And better he's become, as well. It's a miracle what those programs did for my brother; taking him from suicidal to now having such a lust for life and a desire to live and explore. I was quite young after his attempt, only fourteen years old, and I didn't have a caretaker because Taemin was gone for an extended period of time that ended up lasting a year.

So, as expected, the Zhongs took me in eagerly and dedicated all they had to me. Yet, I allowed them to care for me under one condition; that I would be able to live in my apartment, the place I had grown up my whole life and held such an emotional attachment to, despite the fact that it was a serious downgrade from the mansion that the Zhongs owned. Hesitantly, they agreed to my conditions, knowing that I'm Taemin's brother for a reason; after all, his traits are present in me because he cared for me for so long.

But, they had one request for me, which was so far from as bad as it could've been. In fact, I've been happy with the outcome of their request, as he's filled my life up with so much more love and joy than even before all of this shit came upon me.

They asked if I would allow Chenle to stay with me over the weekends, sleeping in my apartment, just to make sure that everything was okay with me, and to fill the emptiness that laid present with Taemin's absence in my house. And eagerly, I complied.

Even though Taemin is now in remission, and hasn't relapsed even once, he doesn't stay over in our apartment often, as now, he finally accepted the Zhongs' aid, and is now going to college to major in both photography and dance, and I couldn't be prouder. He's been busy these days, caught up in practicing and studying, but the new glow on his face is undeniable, and it makes me the happiest to see such joy etched in his soft features. Not to mention, I have a hunch that he's dating someone, just because whenever I get the chance to see him, he's always on his phone, texting someone with the dreamiest smile. But now that Taemin's away more often, Chenle and the boys have been visiting more often, and that always makes my day.

Though it's bittersweet to see Taemin growing up so much and not spending as much time with me, I know he still loves me. Plus, I've been preoccupied with my own things. I realize this as I stare at the Chinese boy who just plopped himself on top of me, my heart racing, as I pretend to act as if I'm being crushed under his meager weight.

"Ugh, Chenle, you feel like a concrete block," I groan jokingly, pretending to act incapacitated under him, wriggling to "get free."

"Shut up, Ji! I literally weigh less than you now, you beanstalk," he giggles out, eyes crinkling cutely. He's not wrong though, and I think it's one of the most incredible changes that have occurred in the last couple of years.

Most of my childhood, Chenle and I have either been the same height, or I've been a little taller, and we both certainly looked quite juvenile and young up until last year. And then puberty struck, which certainly has its ups and downs, but for the most part, I have to say I've glowed up pretty damn well. Both Chenle and I look like young adults now. Though my body is a little more muscular and masculine than his, I think it's mostly because I dance.