Flashback: A Mother and Father's Love

Renjun's POV-Age:15

"Renjun dearest, we've located your parents," Auntie Li-Fen informs me hopefully, her kind eyes upturning as she smiles excitedly. My heart speeds up frantically as time seems to slow around me in disbelief that I might meet my parents for the first time in almost fifteen years. Uncle comes around to hug me, as does Auntie, and when they embrace me, the truth hits like Cupid's Arrow, and it's absolutely beautiful.

God, I've been longing to meet my biological parents since I learned that Auntie and Uncle weren't my actual parents, but rather distantly related relatives to my parents. They provide me with so much love and care, as do the boys certainly, but I've always felt as if a piece of me was missing without my mother and father in my life, to cradle me as a baby, see me grow up from a boy to a young man, and to hold me with pride, knowing that I'm their son. I've grown so much, and I just wish they could've been here to experience it with me.

That being said though, I hold no grudges against them. I know that they didn't leave me because they didn't want me or because they thought I was worthless. Instead, they found Auntie, who's a fifth cousin to my mother, as Auntie was the closest relative to my mother still left, and left me with her to take care of me. Auntie Li-Fen had never met my parents until that night that my mother gave me to her, but Auntie always told me that from what she remembered, my mother was beautiful and my father was so handsome, and they were so distraught about leaving me because they loved me so much.

She said that both of them knew that they had to leave me so I could live a better life than they were living, which was one of extreme poverty, and my mother was sobbing as she tried to hand me over, still a minuscule baby, to Auntie. She was so reluctant to hand me over, that Auntie told me that my father had to take me out of her arms, and quickly transfer me to Li-Fen's arms, telling Auntie to shut the door before my mother would regret the decision. Soon after, Auntie and Uncle moved to Korea, where we started our lives as a family.

Though I don't remember that moment when my mother and father gave me to Auntie to care for me, the thought of it still haunts me, and I so deeply want to go back home to find them; no, I need to. I need to see them again and show them how much their son, Huang Renjun, has grown, and tell them all about my life in Korea and everything that's happened in these last fifteen years.

"So, will I be able to see them again?" I ask desperately, looking hopefully into my guardian's eyes. Ruffling my hair affectionately, she smiles.

"I think so, sweetie. I think so," she whispers, her expression overflowing with joy. Uncle rests a hand on Auntie's shoulder and presses a loving kiss to my forehead.

"We're trying to work everything out, but we should be flying to Jilin Province in two days," she tells me excitedly, as she'll be able to go back home as well, "Uncle and I will finally go back home for the first time since we adopted you, and you'll be able to see your birthplace and your parents."

"How did you manage to find Mom and Dad again?" I ask curiously, overflowing with joy as I get ready to text the boys about this. They'll be so happy for me. Every now and then, I have a breakdown in front of them about how appreciative I am for the love they give me because I miss my parents so much, and every time, they promise me that I'll get to see them again. And they were all right.

"Even though we hadn't met your parents before the moment they gave you to us, we remembered their names when they introduced themselves. Huang Meiyi and Huang Fengjun. I've constantly been looking out for their names, but I came across a Huang Meiyi on a comment under a random Weibo post a few weeks ago. Obviously, there are plenty of women who probably have the same name, but as soon as I saw her profile photo, I knew it was her. My memory doesn't lie to me, Renjunnie, and once I started talking to her, she told me that she wanted to see you more than anything."