Chapter Six

Cassie:

Weeks have passed and I've been spending everyday with Noah. It was weird at first but now I'm used to it, seeing him, but we are only studying and I'm slowly learning new things about him as everyday goes pass.We eat, sleep, study, listen to music talk about conspiracy theories then he gets mad, Throws a fit, Makes a rude remark to me i cry or leave then the cycle starts again. It gets tiring but I'm not alone all the time anymore so it's okay. Sometimes I notice his glances towards my scars, I know he wonders about them but sometimes i get tired of covering them and honestly i feel a little comfortable around him, I guess. He hasn't asked about them so thank the man above for that. Instead he just looks at them, clenches his jaw then proceeds to do whatever he's doing.

***

It's Saturday and as usual I'm doing nothing, or so I thought. A knock on my front door echoes through the empty large house and startles me from my thoughts, I'm not expecting anyone. I whine at the fact i have to get up and answer the door, dang i really am lazy. As i make my way down the main stairs to the door in my pj shorts that showed more than they should off and my long sleeve thrashers shirt. I pull open the door and am greeted with a familiar face, and a rush of warm air i scrunch my face in confusion.

"Hey Cas" Noah speaks combing his fingers through his hair.

Silence fills the room as i gaze anywhere but his eyes who were now fixated on my revealed skin. Usually i would Be disgusted but when it comes to Noah staring at me, it feels more different and especially if I'm allowing it. He finally breaks the awkward tension and silence.

"So are you going to let me in or am i going to have to look at you in that all day" a small smile creeps on his face turning into a smirk as he speaks.

That alone affected me in so many ways, so many butterflies making me have to fix my now uncomfortable posture, i smile at him then shut the door in his face.

"Your not serious" he yells. After a brief minute of trying to breath properly , i open the door and gesture for him to come inside.

"So what do you want?" I ask in an annoying tone just so he gets the message and just to seem as if i hate him, which i half do.

"Actually i was sitting home bored and I realised we had one more project to finish" Noah speaks clearly.

"well atleast for me" he mumbles, I don't think i was suppose to hear it but i did anyway and i knew what he was referring too.

"No we don't, we are actually ahead of others" I reassure him while crossing my arms in front of my chest to cover the fact I wasn't wearing a bra. But he knows, i know he knows because why else will he be directing his eyes back and forth from my face to my chest. Oh boy if looks could kill, you'd know where I'll be. Noah clears his throat before walking over towards the large sofa.

"I know but i just needed to make an excuse to hang with you." He says proudly placing himself on the oversized white couch.

My arms wrap tighter around my chest, i look almost constipated which isn't a appealing look, if you ask me. Is he serious? He can't be serious? And thats when it hit me. I knew exactly what he was doing. he just didn't know i did. So i took that as an advantage.

"Ohhh so you can win $1000" i say in a mocking tone hovering over him.

His face went from a light Christmas tree to a dead racoon on the street. This was a moment i wish i had taken a photo

"Ngawww whats the matter? Cat got your tounge ? Or was the cat apart of the bet as well" I say jokingly. I didn't really care about the bet because we weren't friends then but now I guess we kind of are? I guess.

"Y. . . you knew?" He ask's, short on words standing up on his feet making me move back.

"Yeah, maybe you didn't notice but i over heard your conversation, but honestly it's fine, I'm used to this shit, it happens daily to my surprise. although no one has succeeded."
I
say trying to hide the hurt that was trying to escape my eyes and mouth. Noah looks up at me, standing up taking a step closer towards me, i take a step back trying to gather my breath

"Oh Cassie don't be so sure about that" he eyes me up and down pushing me back till i meet the wall. Our lips being so close together gave us a chance to hear each others pace of breath and heart beat quickening by the second. His eyes movees down to my lips, and before anything else happens he groans before closing his eyes and quickly opening them taking a step away from me. A few minuets went by and we didn't say anything to each other, the tension between us grew bigger and denser.

"I'm sorry about the bet, it was lame anyway" He says breaking the silence, pacing back towards the main entrance. As stupid as it sounded i needed to know if he thought i was the lame part.

"Are you referring to me as lame or the bet?" I whisper loud enough for him to hear.

What felt like forever, he finally speaks again.

"Now that i think of it...both" he says with a blank face almost care free. That cut me deeper than i thought it would've.

Tears daring to escape my eyes were getting harder and harder to hold back. I know what he said wasn't that dramatic but i have a little trust in everyone and i just started gaining more trust in Noah until he collapsed on it leaving me to not want to trust anyone again besides Kalani.
Noah was a monster, i obviously already know but i have faith in everyone.

"Right" i laugh. I walk towards the front door, opening it slightly.

"Get out of my house" i say in a subtle yet serious tone.

His facial expressions almost reassemble being shocked and honestly i was too, i stood up for myself for the first time ans it felt amazing until the little bitch that lives inside me starts to feel scared and guilty. Without a word, he leaves and slams the door on the way out, i flinch at the sound of bang entering my now empty house.

I play with the hem of my shorts and soon after I collapse to the floor and my tears stream down my face leaving me to look like a hot mess. I didn't care one bit, I'm broken and will always be. But our almost kiss or whatever that was couldn't escape my mind either.