one.

A/N- here we go...
————————————————————————

Camila's POV

I was woken up by my head hitting the back of bunk in the tour bus. I yelped in pain and rubbed my now sore head, hearing a loud sigh from Dinah's bunk. I knew I woke them up again. It's not my fault that these coffin like bunks don't even give me enough head room.

Anyways, I rolled out of my bunk and was met by Lauren reaching down at her feet. I lay there frozen for a few seconds before saying. "Hi, Lauren." If I'm going to be honest, I don't know if my nerves were showing through or not when I said that. It's just, I hate that it's so awkward between us now... ever since Management thought it would be a great idea to tell us to stop talking and being close in front of camera, making us distant behind the scenes. This is all because apparently our fans only knew us for #camren and not our music which I thought was completely false.

We are not even romantically involved with each other anyways. So I don't get what the hell the problem is. We all know we are (or were i don't know) best friends so it didn't matter what anyone else said.

Apparently it does.

Lauren's eyes locked with my 'still adjusting to the current situation and very early morning' eyes. "Camila, if you wake us up one more time at this ungodly hour again. I swear I'll get Dinah on you for a poly beat down." She giggled and looked down at me offering her hand to pull me up off my awkward position on the floor. Stretched like a starfish. I stood up and met her gaze once again and gave a smile. This was our first interaction in months and it all just felt different. I frowned slightly and before she could say anything else, my stomach rumbled loudly- that was my cue to grab breakfast.

I picked up a banana and sat down at the table peeling away the yellow skin covering the delicious fruit inside. My love for bananas are almost as strong for my need for Lauren.

I miss her so much. That's all I could think about. My best friend.

Lauren's POV

My eyes shot open at the sound of Camila's slight scream. For the 4th time this week, she'd hit her head on the bunk. To be fair, these bunks are tiny but she's so dramatic.

I yawned and stepped out of the bunk, I bent down to scratch my leg and was greeted by a small Camila. She looked almost scared which just puzzled me. "Hi, Lauren." She said. I responded with, "Camila, if you wake us up one more time at this ungodly hour again. I swear I'll get Dinah on you for a poly beat down." I smiled and grinned at the smaller brunette pulling her up onto her feet. Her beautiful brown eyes pierced into mine and smiled back at me. Before I could say "So I want to know if you are okay, you know... how you've been." But her stomach gargled. Wow perfect timing. She skipped over to the kitchen joining the other girls.

I know how much I miss Camila. It's stupid how much it takes over my mind. Our friendship means the whole world to me and losing it was one of the hardest things I've ever been through. All the time, I get mentioned in a bunch of camren related things which I can't help but sigh about. I've never thought of us as a couple. But it almost seemed like it was already like that. I mean I don't know about her but our stares that last a bit too long to friendly almost make it seem as if we are a couple.

Of course I've thought about it. I still do.

I got bored once a read a fan fiction and I swear I couldn't look at her the same for a while. I've always contemplated my feelings towards her as well, since the day she said she liked my shirt.

A feeling of curiosity and lust for her to be mine.

Camila's POV

I took another bite of my delicious banana. Savouring every mouthful. I looked through Tumblr as I usually do and reblogged a few things here and there. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked up to see Dinah smirking at me. "Morning Chancho!" She said embracing me in a tight (definitely not suffocating) bear hug, "You seem different this morning, everything alright in there?" She taps my head and I simply smiled at her and replied. "Of course Cheechee, I spoke to Lauren this morning." Her jaw dropped so wide it would of touched the floor. "Yesssss. My favourite ship ahhhh." She hit my shoulder playfully and continued, "So is everything good?" "Yeah, China. We just bumped into each other." She looked away from me and glanced over towards the kitchen side. Lauren was making cereal. She whispered to me, "Just talk to her, Walz." She squeezed my shoulder and walked over to Normani and Ally and gave me a wink.

Dinah knew I wanted to at least see how Lauren was instead of having to ask the other girls. She knew how important she is to me. So I need to set things straight.

I look up when I heard a voice. "Can I sit here?." I nodded my head in response and I watched the green eyed girl shovel large quantities of Cornflakes into her mouth. I chuckled slightly and waited for her to finish her mouthful so I could speak up.

Lauren's POV

I wasn't even hungry. I was so nervous to be next to Camila I just had to find an excuse not to talk to her. I shoved large spoonfuls of Cornflakes into my mouth, which didn't look the slightest bit attractive (just saying). I knew she was looking at me. I could feel her stare in the side of my head. As I eventually swallowed the food. She spoke up "Hungry?" I made a quick excuse "Erm yeah you know after a long day of interviews and stuff I was so hungry and tired but I just collapsed." I responded swiftly. Camila's face turned serious "oh, okay it's just." I dropped my spoon and faced towards her. Her sleepy brown eyes locked with mine "What?" I asked. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out. Maybe tomorrow? You know to catch up. It's been 2 months since we properly talked and I-" "Yes, Camila" I said softly, "I would love that" I smiled at her.

If I said I wasn't having heart palpitations then I would be lying. I was so happy right now. I know it might seem pathetic but it was such a big deal to me. I used to tell her everything. Apart from relationships. I've not really had once before. I've just hooked up with... people. Plus, I hate when everyone just talks about boys and how they took them to fancy restaurant and blah blah blah. Probably because I can't relate.

She smiled gently back at me as she stood up to put her banana peel in the bin. I don't know what it was about Camila but sometimes I think I liked her more than friends do. I adored her walk, the way her hair curls behind her ear. Sometimes it just felt, different.