Chapter 10: The Reconciliation

While looking at each other's eyes he blinked because he must be surprised. And because you are not ready for anything, you woke up from reality and cut the noodle strand using the chopsticks.

"I'm sorry, I was just so hungry." You made an alibi.

"Do you drink?" He asked.

"No, not really. I have low alcohol tolerance." You answered him.

Again there was silence and a little awkwardness.

"Ahmm, I heard that you're all going to China." You initiated the conversation to stop the silence.

"Yeah, why? You're not going with us?" He asked you.

"No. I'm not included in the team that will be going with you. I'll stay here in Seoul." You said.

"Well, it's just about 3 months. We can meet again after that." He said.

"Yeah, maybe." You hesitated.

"Why? Are you going somewhere?" He asked.

"I'll be working with Blackpink by next month. And I don't know when will I come back to IKON group again." You explained.

"I didn't know that. Why so sudden?" He asked.

"They needed experienced staffs to work with the new girl group. Jisoo said that I'll comeback to IKON team but still, we'll never know." You're a bit sad.

"Cheer up! It's ok. It's not like we're not going to see each other, I mean you and the whole team." He tried to cheer you up.

After a few more conversations, Bobby left to go home.

Third Person's POV

Hanbin's mother went to the hospital to visit a friend that had a surgery. While walking through the garden, she saw Haru's mother in patient's gown and with a nurse walking around. She called Hanbin to tell him what she saw.

"Hello? Eomma? Waeyo?" He answered the call.

"I saw Haru's mother here in the hospital." Her mother told him.

"Really? Well, I know that her mother is sick but I don't know more than that. Eomma, can you ask which room is she staying? I will visit her if I have time." He asked her mother.

And she did as he asked. He had acquired her details and gave it to him.

Hanbin's POV

Your mother gave you Haru's details.

I will visit her. I knew how close she is to her daughter and she knew what happened to us. I need to apologize to her for making her daughter suffer in so much embarassment.

The next day, you visited Haru's mother in the hospital. You entered her room with a bucket of flowers and fruits.

"Annyeong haseyo imo (Auntie)!" You greeted her politely while bowing 90 degrees.

"Oh, is that you Hanbin-ah?" She asked you and placed the flowers and fruits on the table.

"Yeah imo, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm doing good. How about you? You're grown up now. You're more handsome now." She complimented you and let you sit.

"Thank you imo. Ahmm, there's something I wanted to tell you." You started to get to your reason why you're here.

"I wanted to apologize for what I've done to your daughter before. I've been so bad to her. I embarassed her in front of so many people for saying that she likes me." You said to her.

"Well, did you know the truth?" She asked you.

"I'm not sure about it imo." You answered her.

"She has no feelings for you that time. She told me everything but I told her to forgive people who have sinned against her. I'm not saying that it's ok that you've hurt her. Maybe you should go and apologize to her as well." You were surprised by what her mother said.

So all this time I assumed that she likes me? Oh no! I felt more embarassed.

"I don't know how imo. All this time I thought she liked me back then. I'm so ashamed." You said to her, feeling ashamed of what you've done in the past.

"Really? You didn't know? So you assumed?" She asked you.

"Yeah. I feel ashamed even more. It was a one sided love indeed." You said.

"Why? You liked her?" She straightly asked you.

"Yes." He said when you heard the door opened.

You saw Haru dropped the oranges she brought. She heard it. You can see it at her reaction. She looked surprised.

Haru's mother went out to take a walk so that you two can talk privately. You're both sitting on the couch with about 12 inches apart. It's so awkward.

"Uhmm, I visited your mother and asked for apology." You said to Haru.

"Why? You did something wrong to her?" She asked you with a surprised expression.

"No. It was because I made you feel so embarassed back then." You said.

"I've already forgiven you the moment I talked to my mother that time but I was not ready to face you. And it just made me realize that what you said is true regardless if I like you or not that time." She explained to you.

"Is that the reason why you've changed a lot?" You asked her bravely.

"Somehow." She plainly answered.

"I'm so sorry for making you feel that way. I sincerely sorry. I was so ashamed for doing that to you." You apologized to her.

"It's fine now." She simply said.

But I feel sorry for making you feel so down like this and lost confidence. You're such an amazing woman honestly. You're braver and stronger than me. I just hope you can become as feminine as you are before.

After the conversation you both decided to go home together and ride a bus. Since it's late now, there's not much people and besides he's wearing hoodie and mask.

You both sat on the last seat (the longest seat which is at the rear end of the bus). You let her sit on the window side and sat beside her but with a few inches gap because you're a bit awkward.

The journey will take about 45mins and it's late. Haru is looking outside the window slowly closing her eyes and fell asleep. She hit her head hard on the window when the bus pass by the humps but she never woke up. You didn't know what to do so you come closer to her and grab her head and place your arm around her and let her sleep on your neck. And you finally fell asleep as well.

Haru's POV

You hit your head on the window so hard but you pretended to be asleep because you still feeling awkward with Hanbin. And you're surprised by next thing he did. He wrap his arm around you and let your head on his chest. Your heart started to beat faster than a speed of light.

Eotokke! Could you slow down from beating (my heart)? We just reconciled and he's being too nice now. Is this for real?

You pretended to be asleep until you arrived at the bus stop. Because you knew it's gonna be awkward to wake him up in that position, you ran faster up to the bus door and looked at him before you alight. You saw him sleeping soundly.

Thankfully he's asleep. Why did he even do that? Aishh!

Hanbin's POV

After she left, you stop pretending to be asleep. You knew it will be more awkward if you didn't.

Hanbin-ah, be extra careful from now on. Your words can make or break someone.

At home, you can't sleep thinking what just happened. You can't stop thinking about her and at the same time felt bad about her, changing. She had lost her seld confidence because of you.