Chapter 13: Awkward

Hanbin's POV

You feel empty right now. Maybe because you're looking for her presence. She's with Bobby and you can't help it but feel uncomfortable.

You've been having headaches these past few days and you decided to see a doctor.

My head keeps on aching, I can't sleep and my mind is not steady. Maybe I should go to a psychiatrist.

You went to the hospital. While walking you saw Haru's mother having a walk in the garden so you come to her and greet her.

"Oh, annyeong hasseyo imo." You greeted her.

"Oh, Hanbin-ah. Why are you here?" She asked you.

"Well, I'm actually here because my head keeps on aching and it seems that my mind is not steady. I mean I keep on thinking about Har-, I mean work." You tongue almost slipped.

"Oh, well Psychiatrists usually come late. Do you want to have a talk for a while?" She asked you nicely.

"Sure, sure." You said.

You went to grab some coffee before you two talk.

"Hmm, I'm sure you miss Haru." You told her.

"As always. How about you?" She asked you the same question.

Eotokke!

"Even though I do, there's nothing I can do." You honestly told her.

"You like her?" She asked you while giving you a smile.

You nodded slowly.

"Well, I'm sorry about that Imo. I didn't-" she cut you off.

"It's fine. You're a great guy. But Haru once told me that she wanted to stay single for the rest of her life and just stay with me." She said.

"I'm sorry." You apologized again.

"Well, people change because of their experiences. But as a mother, I wanted to make sure that my daughter has someone to take good care of her when I die. I wish she could change her mind." She sighed.

"Hmm, Imo. You want me to visit you again next week? I know that you will feel lonely especially Haru is not around." You asked her.

"Jinjja? Of course! I would love to!" She cheerfully said.

"Ok, then I'll see you next week Imo." And you hugged her.

You went to the Psychiatrist and she just prescripted you some anti-psychotic meds for you to relax your mind before you head to bed.

And as you promised to Haru's mother, you visit her every week since then.

Back to Haru's POV

He leaned closer to you. You can feel his breathe on your face. He grabbed your waist and pull you closer to him and he hugged you and whispered.

"I do like you Haru. I really do, but I respect you." He whispered.

You opened your eyes and was surprised with what he said.

After that confession, you both felt awkward. He accompanied you to your room.

"Good night Haru." He said with a sad face. He walked away after that.

You entered your room and thought of what happened.

Is it really happening? Or is it a part of a drama?

While arguing with yourseld, you received a message.