Chapter 20: Be my girlfriend

"W-what?" You asked him. You're very nervous. You faced the reality.

"Hmm, I'm sorry for that. It was the biggest mistake I've made in my life. I should've not done it in the first place. Sorry Hanbin." You tried to hold back your tears and bowed to him for forgiveness. You feel so guilty.

"Don't worry starting next week, I-I'll try to ask Jisoo again if she could transfer me to other department so that you can never see me again. Sorry. I hope you could forgive me." You are begging for forgiveness, rubbing your palms.

"Stop begging for forgiveness Haru." He lifted your head, grab your waist and pulled you to a kiss.

You were surprised and shocked. It felt like your body is very numb. You can't move. Many questions are running through your head. He started to cry and he broke the kiss. You looked him in the eyes.

You tried to look away when he suddenly grabbed your hand.

"I love you Haru." He said.

Your heart stops beating for a while.

W-what? He loves me? Did I heard it right?

"Y-you what?" You asked him again trying to clarify things.

"I love you Haru, be my girlfriend." He asked.

Hanbin's POV

You can't wait any longer to ask her to be your girlfriend. But she did not respond.

"It's fine if you would still think about it. I can wait." You told her.

"I don't know where to start. This is so unreal." She finally spoke.

"Why?" You asked her.

"You're a celebrity. I am not. We're not a good pair." She said.

"What? Is that even important? Do I have to date a celebrity?" And she nodded.

"Even if I want to, but no one got in to my standard except you." You defended.

"Huh? I think you should be the one to think even more if you would want to date me." She started to talk in lower tone. She looks worried.

"I'm not a celebrity. I don't have money. I don't have fame. I am not beautiful. I have nothing. You can never be proud of me, Hanbin. Dating me is just a waste of emotion and time. I don't even recommend myself to anybody. And lastly, I am not someone's...ideal type." She said. The last sentence was like a punch to your face because that's exactly the words you told her to empty all her confidence. You felt so guilty and sorry. You stayed quiet for a while and so she does as well.

You looked her in the eyes and hugged her.

"I am sorry. I promise to be with you no matter what, even if it's me against the world." And hugged her more tightly. She wrapped her arms around you as well.

Inside the taxi...

You're both awkward with each other. She looks worried while looking outside.

You grabbed her hand and hold it tightly.

She looked at you in the eyes.

"Don't worry. If you're not comfortable to be in public with me, I'll do it." You gave her assurance.

You finally arrived at her place.

"Don't come out. Just stay inside. I'll go ahead." She said and waived goodbye.

And the taxi went all the way to your place.

You received a text message.

"Hanbin-ah, I'm home. Goodnight!"