Chapter 15: Tough Times

It wasn't easy to find an extra job especially while you are working full time. Your work in YG may require you to work over time especially during promotions. But as of now, IKON is in hiatus. Thankfully, you may be able to look for a an extra job. You tried to apply in broadcasting networks as writer but seems that this is not the right time.

Fast Forward>>3 months later
The time you are afraid of has come. Tomorrow is the due of the 4th monthly payment and you just have about half of it. You don't know where to find money.

Should I borrow some money from Bobby? Or not? It's been a long time since we talked and he might think that I only approached him because of money? Aishhh!!!

After your work, the man who is getting the monthly collection is already waiting for you outside your house. He is smoking while waiting until he saw you and throw his cigarette. You are very nervous.

"Hmmm, here." You handed him half of your monthly payment.

"This is just half of what you are supposed to pay." He looked at you sharply.

"I will pay you as soon as I can get money. I promise." You begged.

"Tomorrow, I will be here again. You better pay your dues on time." He pointed at your head.

The next day, you failed to give the other half.

He is already angry and now with someone with bigger physique.

He slapped you so hard causing your lips to bleed.

"This is what you can get if you don't pay right at the right time." He said and punched you on your stomach.

I didn't expect this to be this worse. I think I'm gonna die before I finally pay my debt.

And he just left. Tomorrow will be a big problem. You'll go to work with these bruises and scars.

While walking on your way to your office you bumped unto Bobby. It was awkward at first but he finally spoke.

"Oh, what happened to you Haru?" He asked.

"Hmm, I just accidentally tripped last night. I'll go ahead." You escaped from the possibility that you might brought up the truth.

Hanbin's POV

You saw Haru passed by Bobby. They seem awkward with each other and you wonder why. But what really caught your attention are the bruises and scars Haru had. To your confusion, you asked her to come to your studio office.

As soon as she entered your studio...
"Please have a sit. I will go straight to the point. What are these bruises and scars?" You asked her. She's so silent.

"Hmm, I was tripped last night." She finally answered.

You're not satisfied with her answer but you pretended to be satisfied and just changed the subject.

"When are you going to visit your mother? It's been weeks since the last time I visited her. You want to come visit her with me?" You asked her.

"Uhmm, I actually can't visit her. But I have a favor to ask, can you visit her once in a while?" She asked you.

"Are you that busy that you can't visit your mom?" You asked her, you know there's something wrong.

"I actually don't want her to see me like this." She finally admitted.

"I will visit her tomorrow." You answered her.

Everyday since then, you noticed that Haru had been bruising even more each and every day. Everyday there's a new scar and new bruises.