Chapter 14: Bad News

Bobby's album was released and it received so much love from ikonics. You two haven't talked since you went back from US. He's been busy with his promotions while you are busy in your training and finally you finished it. On the other hand, Hanbin has been so close to your mom. He even brought Hanbyul to meet her. Hanbyul brought happiness to your mom. Sometimes Hanbyul and Hanbin's mother visit your mom. You are happy to see your mother happy.

You are visiting your mom today because you got a message from her attending physician that she has something to tell you. You are expecting a good news because your mom is showing good signs that she had totally recovered from her psychiatric illness.

You went to the doctor's office before visiting your mom.

"Good morning, Doc." You greeted him.

"Have a seat. Your mom has been doing great lately. I see know signs of depression at all. But I have noticed something from the results of her CT-Scan. There's a few lumps at her right brain. So, I suspect something's wrong. I contacted my friend who specializes in Cancer." He said.

"C-cancer?" You nervously asked.

"It's not yet sure but just a suspicion. I hope it's not." He said.

He endorsed you to his Oncologist friend right away.

"Good morning." You greeted him.

"Oh, have a seat. Dr. Oh endorsed your mother's case to me. And I have studied it since yesterday. I'll go straight to the point. I can say that these lumps are most likely malignant. It's not yet sure because we haven't done biopsy. But most of the patients that I have seen with the same results are most likely it is." He said the bad news.

"Let's say it really is c-cancerous, can you assess what stage is it?" You asked nervously.

"It's more likely stage 3. But sometimes during surgery we may find some more or lesser lumps so it still varies." He explained.

"You mentioned about the surgery. H-how much will it cost, Doc?" You asked him.

"The estimated cost for the whole surgery is about ₩50,000,000." You were shocked about the cost.

You didn't know she was hiding her pain.

After the discussion with the doctors, you went to visit your mom.

"Eomma, how are you?" You asked holding your tears.

"Of course I'm ok Haru. I didn't expect that you're coming. Why it's so sudden?" She asked you.

"I just missed you." You surely missed her.

"You're so sweet Haru. Have you had your breakfast?" She asked, you didn't answer but instead you just join her.

While looking at your mother, you can't hold your tears and pretended to go to the bathroom.

You continued crying inside the bathroom.

The next day, you're out of your mind. While you are in a meeting with the production team, you are staring blankly at the table.

"Can I get your opinion about this, Haru? Haru? Haru?!" Jisoo almost shouted and you woke up from a deep thought.

"I'm sorry. I was just in deep thought. What is it again?" You asked her but she just continued discussing.

After the meeting, you had a break in the cafeteria to have some coffee.

Where will I get that amount of money in a short period of time? Can I borrow money from a loan shark instead?

Until you saw Hanbin passed by.

Or should I ask Hanbin for help?

You texted Hanbin.

You: Can we talk in person?
Hanbin: Sure. Come to my studio.

You went to his studio. He's alone doing music.

"What is it you want to talk?" He casually asked.

"Uhmm, okay (took a deep breathe). Uhmm, I am not supposed to ask this favor. And it's okay if you refuse to, I understand." And you took another deep breathe.

"C-can I borrow ₩50,000,000?" You asked nervously.

He just stare at you without any response. There was a long pause. You wait for a few more seconds hoping for a response from him, yet he just stares at you.

"Uhm, just like what I've said, it's fine if you refuse to. I'll go then." You were very nervous and finally went back to your seat.

That's the worst I've ever done. I shouldn't asked him. My goodness! I am so ashamed. It's alright, I need to proceed to my next option.

Hanbin's POV
You are confused for why did she ask you to lend her money. It's not just a small amount.

Where will she use it?

Back to Haru's POV
Your next option is to borrow money from a loan shark. You went to a secluded area where the loan shark is staying.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Is any body there?" You asked and a masculine man came out.

"What do you want?" He asked with his arms crossed.

"I am here to loan." You said a bit nervous.

"You know what a loan shark is right? That's why you're here." And you nodded.

The transaction was fast, in an instance you are now holding the ₩50,000,000. It was fast but you need to pay on time or you will experience hell.

They immediately scheduled the surgery. And on the day of the operation, you were there in the hospital the whole time. Until the surgeon came out.

"Haru-ssi, it was a success operation and we have finally took out the lumps. Thankfully, there's not much lumps. We just need to close her head and we will take her to the ICU to see if there will be any complications occur." You heard a good news from the surgeon and you thanked him.

A few days after the surgery, your mom's wound healed so fast.

"Eomma, how do you feel?" You asked her.

"I'm better. But where did you get money to pay for this expensive operation?" She asked you.

"You don't have to worry about it. Just worry about how you will recover fast." You told her.

When you got back home, you're staring blankly unto the ceiling.

I can pay until the first 3 months but I worry about the succeeding months, it will take 2 months for me to earn the monthly payment. What do I do? Should I find an extra job? Right! I need to find an extra job.

_________________________________________________
A/N: It took me a long time before I get to update. I was so busy with my work and part time job and I also got sick for long time. But the next chapter will surely be very soon. Because I need to write soon while the idea is still fresh :) Thank you! Please vote and send messages :)