Love And Loss

Violets Pov

When I woke up I was no longer holding Clem's hand, but instead, her hand was relaxing at the center of my chest. Her fingers moved on and off of one of my breasts every time I'd take a breath, making my face turn bright red. I thought about just letting her stay like that but felt that it was wrong even though it felt so right. "Hey, Clem", I gently shook her trying to wake her, "ahhhhh, yeah Vi"? I look down my chest and back at her, "oh shit I'm sorry", Clem's face turned bright pink, and she couldn't even look at me. "It's okay Clem, it's just we can't lay here all day we got shit to do", she still wouldn't look at me so I took her hand and held it with mine. Clem turned her gaze back towards me and our lips must've been only a few inches apart, as we began staring into each other's eyes the most beautiful smile crept up on her face. "Where are we going"? "AJ!" Clem said in a panic, probably worried he'd ask why we were in bed together. But he didn't, he just stood there patiently waiting for us to respond. "Well Brody and I had planned to do some fishing, would you and Clem like to join us"? "Uhh... Yeah, Vi will join you, just let me grab my hat". The three of us made our way down the hall and out into the courtyard, "breakfast is ready"! Omar yelled to us, we joined Tenn, Marlon, and Louis at the tables, "I'm sorry about last night Clem I didn't mean to upset you". "It's okay Louis, I know you didn't mean any harm, I just don't really like to talk about Lee, it brings up to many bad memories". Clem might have forgiven Louis but I was still a little mad at him for hurting her feelings in the first place. "Hey, Vi where did you go last night, I tried to look for you in your room but you weren't there". "Oh sorry, Tenn, Vi came to get the art supplies for you and fell asleep in my room, it's still up there if you and Aj wanna color later". Tenn's face lit up, "thanks Clem that sounds..." "Wait where did Vi sleep"? "Why the hell does that matter, Louis, she was tired so I let her sleep beside me". Louis looked soo jealous, it was kinda amusing, "hey you ready to go fishing Vi"? Brody asked walking over to us with Rosie by her side, "is she coming too"? "Yeah with the increase of walker activity outside, we thought that you guys could use a little extra protection". We finished up eating and we made our way to the shack, Rosie followed close by Clem. "I think she likes you, Clem". As soon said that Clem started looking a little uneasy, "what's wrong? I had a bad experience with a dog once Vi, she says lifting up her sleeve revealing that nasty scar. "Well Rosie wouldn't do something like that, in fact, she'd die to protect you". Sadly that's exactly what ended up happening, while we were busy spearing us some fish a herd of walkers somehow managed to surround us, Clem and I stood back to back hacking and slashing our way, through the horde. We told Brody to take Aj and run because Clem and I weren't gonna risk them getting bit and we needed Brody to keep Aj safe. Clem and I both continued fighting off the herd and with everybody that fell more and more blood and sweat covered our clothes, as the fight for our lives went on we grew more tired with every swing of our weapons. Clem and I fought most of the herd until only a few walkers remained but by that point, we were too exhausted to even move. We collapse onto our knees from exhaustion as the few remaining walkers closed in. I looked over at Clem as she tried to get back up to continue the fight, only to fall right back down, I looked at the walkers and back at Clem, I knew that we both wouldn't make it out this. "I love you, Clem", I yelled but at this point, it probably sounded like more of a whisper, I dug my Cleaver deep into the riverbed and whose every bit of strength I had left to stand, an limped my way towards the walkers. I was about to risk it all knowing Aj needed Clem and I need her to be safe. Rosie came to our rescue mauling her way through the walkers, the sound flesh tearing filled our ears as one by one the walkers dropped when she was finished blood surrounded her mouth. Rosie whimpered as she made her way towards us I noticed a bite on her paw, and another on her side it was much deeper. I could see some part of her rib a walker must have taken a chuck out of her on her way to us "fuck" I yelled as Clem I tried to figure out what we were going to do with her. We took Rosie inside the shack and made her as comfortable as possible as she drifted off to sleep. I took out my Cleaver and tears ran down our faces as I slit Rosie's throat, she let a loud high pitched yelp as she drew her last breath. Clem and I were both a sobbing bloodstained mess. As curled up beside each other. Clem rested her head on my shoulder her hand brushed against my leg as she tried to get comfortable. We were both too exhausted to head back to the school. A cool breeze went throughout the shack sending chills down my spine. We had no blankets so we held each other tight. We fell asleep cuddled up in each other's arms.