No Mercy

"Clementine I know you're in there, Clementine"! A familiar voiced echoed throughout the courtyard. Clem and I quickly got dressed and ran outside. A bullet nicked the side of my face as we exited the admin building. Clem and I behind an overturned picnic table trying to find cover. Louis and Mitch were taking cover behind the fountain next to us. "Louis, Where the fucks everyone else at?" I yelled over at him. Yet another bullet flew through the air hitting the ground where Louis was crouched. He was trembling no doubt afraid what of what might happen. "Louis"! "We told Willy and Aasim to provide cover everyone else is busy protecting Tenn and Aj"! I peeked my head around cover and spotted the sniper that was giving us so much trouble. "Argh...fuck"! Louis cried as a bullet pierced through his shoulder. Instead of checking on him I took this opportunity to eliminate the shooter. I drew an arrow back watching as dug a hole in the sniper's throat, she tried to stop the blood pouring from her neck but was fortunately unsuccessful. I motioned for everyone to move up. We took our positions surrounding the gates as Lilly and her people forced their way inside. A man wearing a beanie with a large beard stood beside her as the rest of the raiders flooded in. There were only three in total but they were well armed. "Don't fucking move"! I yelled as the four of surrounded them. "Pfft...Or what"? She obviously didn't realize how fucked they were and I planned to change that. "Or we'll shoot"! I spat in her direction. She looked at me and smiled, it was the same smile Minnie gave me. Everything after that became a blur all I could hear was blood-curdling cries of pain echo throughout the yard. By the time I snapped back to reality Lily laid before me begging for mercy. "Please stop" she begged holding her wounded leg blood seeping through her fingers. "She's beaten, Violet she's not a"- Louis tried to calm me down but it was too late. I sliced off her fingers with one quick motion of my cleaver. Her scream was music to my ears. I dragged her up off the ground holding my blade to her throat. I wanted her to pay for what she did, all children she'd kidnapped, all families she'd torn apart and all the kids she'd allowed to be raped. "Why should I"? I wanted to humiliate her as payback for the humiliation they'd caused me. "We'll give you food and um... Weapons we have lots back at the Delta"! Did she really think she could bribe her way out of this? "What'd say"- I was done talking, slowly sliding the tip of my cleaver across her throat as blood poured from her neck. I made sure it wasn't deep enough for her to bleed out quickly I wanted her to suffer and would have gladly let her if Clem hadn't come rushing out of the dorms with Ruby. It was at that moment I realized that the I had brutally murder every single raider here. There partially dismembered bodies surrounding me. I was shocked at this realization, I felt myself begin to panic at the sight before me I felt like a monster. "please... hel" Lily begged trying not to choke on her own blood. "I didn't mean to..." I felt myself tear up as I saw the terrified look on there faces. Ruby looked up at me concerned, as she tried to stop Lilly from bleeding out. I collapsed onto my knees as panic consumed my mind. "They're terrified of me, are they gonna vote me out?" "Will Clem hate me?" Just the thought of Clem and I not being together made tears pour down my face. I felt arms wrap around me helping me stand. It was Clem I thought she'd be mad at me but instead, she only tried to comfort me. "Shhhh it's okay Vi lets"- "I'm so sorry Clem please don't leave me!" I cried out hoping I hadn't just lost another girlfriend. I felt her lips connect with mine as Clem gave me a reassuring kiss. "I'd never leave you, babe, I will always love you". She whispered filling me with hope. Clem and I walked to our room to have a private conversation. The others simply stood there still shocked by the events that had just transpired.

Let me know what you think of this chapter. I love you all and thank you for 1k reads on this book I never thought that'd happen.