Whispers

Violets Pov

I woke up and I couldn't feel the loving presence of my Clementine. "Clem" I called out into the hall while I was putting on the rest of my clothing. After my vest was on I walked out of the dorms and into the courtyard hoping to see Clem. I looked around to see everyone else busy doing there normal shit, Louis was busy talking to Aasim, Willy was on watch, Mitch was busy sharpening some spears, Tenn was busy coloring- "Wait where's Aj"? "Did he and Clem go out fishing for some reason without me", I asked myself? "Hey, Vi, you're looking... Great, Louis snickers with Aasim. "What hells so funny", I asked? "Oh, nothing just maybe you Clem should keep it down next time you two to get freaky", Louis chuckled. I felt my face heat up at the thought of everyone overhearing Clem and me. "I'm sorry we'll be quieter next time". "Where's Clem right now, I asked"? "Her and Aj left about an hour ago, Aj begged her to take him hunting", Aasim said pointing towards the gate. I grabbed my bow and ran out the gates to look for them at the hunting grounds. "Clem! AJ! You out- I stopped yelling out they're names as soon I saw a herd of walkers tearing something apart. I proceeded cautiously towards the herd hoping to get a glimpse of whatever they were feasting on. I felt my heart stop when I saw Clem's knife bloody and resting on the ground behind the walkers. I felt tears run down my face as I assumed the worse. "No, please Cle- my cry for her was interrupted by a hand being placed over my mouth. I elbowed who was grabbing. "stop I'm not going to hurt- the man was interrupted by another elbow to the ribs. Causing him to release his grasp on me. I spun around and saw that he was wearing some sort of skin on his hands and face. "Please stop I'm trying to help", he pleaded as I started to reach for my cleaver. "You're from the school right", he asked? "Yeah I'm looking for my girlfriend and a little boy that goes by Aj, have you seen them", I asked? I heard the snarl of walkers closing in. I looked back at the man he had his finger up to his lip as he motioned for me to follow. I followed him to a small camp he had set up and was relieved to see that Clem and Aj where there. "Clem" I yelled running over to my girlfriend! "Hey... Vi", Clem said weakly. Clem what's wrong babe are you Okay, I asked? I look up at Aj who had a worried expression on his face. "She fell while we were running from the monsters... I think she hurt her side, Aj said. "I'll be fine Vi", Clem said. "It's just a bruise I can- "Let me see, I said lifting up Clem's shirt to examine the injury. Her side was a little swollen and had a large bruise, "ouch, Clem moaned as I let go. "Sorry", I said. "Clem, I think you I have a broken rib". "we should get you back to the school", I said. "Yeah just... give me sec okay Vi", Clem said. Even with her rib broken Clem refused help to stand. "I'll help you get back to the school safely". "Thank you, James, Clem said.

"You'll need to stay quiet, don't spread out stay together", James said. Clem, Aj and I followed close behind James. The moans and groans of walkers could be heard all around us. It was hard to tell where exactly it was coming from, but I knew I'd protect Clem and Aj with my life if I had to. we couldn't have been more than thirty feet before I heard Clem call my name, "Violet". I turn and see her fall to one knee clutching her side. "I've got you, Clem, just lean me babe we're almost home". Clem and I continued towards the gate and I noticed that willy was on watch. "Hey, Willy open- "Walker, he shouted firing an arrow in James direction. "Shit... Stop he's with us", I shouted up to him before he could fire again. Lucky for James the arrow had missed by a few inches. Aj ran inside calling Ruby's name. I was following him until Clem stopped and turned to James. "You could stay us... At least for the night", Clem offered. James turned his attention to me. "Are you sure, James asked? I wanted to say no but since he had helped Clem I decided to let him come inside for at least the night. "Uhh...Yeah, we're happy to have you", I said. James followed us inside. Ruby came bursting out of the dorms towards us, "Clem are you alright, Ruby asked? "I think she broke a rib, she's in a lot of pain", I said. Ruby frowned as I rested Clem onto the couch. "What's wrong Ruby", I asked? "I shouldn't give her any ibuprofen Vi it will only slow down the healing process", she said. "Then what the fuck can you do, cause this... fucking sucks", Clem said in between breaths. Ruby sighed and looked back at me, "Vi do you have any marijuana leaves left"? "Yeah why, I asked"? "Because if you do then I can make Clem some tea which should help with any pain she's experiencing", Ruby said. "Oka,y I'll go get a few", I said rushing towards the greenhouse. "Sorry old indi," I said cutting a few leaves from the plant. I hurried back out to the courtyard. Ruby boiled the leaves in milk, she said Milk was better because the leaves were fat-soluble whatever the hell that meant. "Here, Clem, this will make you feel better", I said handing her the teacup. I was about to go introduce James to everyone when I felt Clem tug at my shirt. I sat next to her moving little stands of hair out of her face. "You okay Clem, I whispered softly in her ear"? "Mmhm I am now", She whispered burying he face in the crook of my neck. I stayed there with Clem the rest of the afternoon, while Tenn and Aj showed James around.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter I know I'm not a great writer but I still do because I love Clem and Violet. I plan on only making maybe four more chapters in this book, so you can expect longer chapters, I'm also planning on having James pov in the next chapter.