Chapter 2

Minako knocked on Makoto's door in the morning. He needed to go to school with her and Yukari whether he would like it or not.

"Excuse me, I'm coming in, Yuuki-kun." Minako pardoned her intrusion, entering into the boy's room.

After entering, she took a half minute look of Makoto's room. You could tell a lot by someone's room--Isn't that what people tend to say?

Minako eradicated all thoughts aside and proceeded to walk towards Makoto's bed and shake his shoulder lightly in order to rouse him from his peaceful slumber.

It suddenly occurred to her that he was having a bad dream--she had one at this time before.

'I'm sorry.'

Minako called Makoto's name countless times and eventually, the boy opened his eyes.

"Please get ready. We're supposed to go to school today." Minako kept it short and simple as she exited his room.

Outside, Minako put a hand on her chest and gripped her shirt as she felt like her chest was burning and her heart ached with despair.

'How am I going to do this?' Minako helplessly wanted an answer.

Makoto unwilling got out of bed and got ready. There was something about Minako that was wrong, she always looked troubled but it wasn't any of his business and he didn't want to involve himself with other people.

______________________________________

Yukari left Minako and Makoto in the school hall and walked elsewhere.

"Yuuki-kun, we should probably look for our names on the board." Minako cleared her throat when she noticed Makoto just stood lazily.

Minako, knowing already where her name would be, looked over to that side of the board.

Arisato Minako, Class 2-F

Yuuki Makoto, Class 2-F

"We should probably get going to the Faculty Office." Minako advised as she walked with Makoto.

The two entered the Faculty Office and were greeted with the face of Toriumi.

Toriumi looked up and noticed the two students.

She set her papers aside for now to focus on Minako and Makoto.

"Oh, are you the new students? Eleventh grade, correct?" She asked, getting a small nod from Minako, who looked like her life had ended.

Toriumi blinked when she looked at the expression on Minako's face, but, however, she chose to let it slide and focus on other things.

She then started reading both Minako and Makoto's files.

"Wow, you've both lived in a lot of different places. Let's see... In 1999... That was what, ten years ago? Both of your parents-" Toriumi abruptly cut off what she was saying as she didn't need to know what had happened further.

Minako glanced at Makoto to see some sort of reaction on his face, her eyes widened when she noticed Makoto was staring right back at her.

'Does Yuuki think we're on the same boat or something?' Minako wondered.

"I'm sorry. I've been so busy, I didn't have time to read this beforehand. I'm Ms. Toriumi, I teach Composition. Welcome to our school!" Toriumi greeted.

"It's okay." Minako let out.

"Anyway, Have you two seen the classroom assignments? The two of you are in 2-F; that's my class. But first, we need to go to the auditorium. The Welcoming Ceremony will be starting soon. Follow me." Toriumi explained, getting up from her seat to lead the two to the auditorium.