Chapter 22

"Welcome back!" Ryoji greeted as Makoto returned to his room.

"Yo, want some of this?" Junpei offered his packet of crisps.

"What is this?" Makoto asked.

"A midnight snack, of course!" Junpei replied, as if stating the obvious. "We can't do something as lame as sleeping during our class trip."

"Naturally!" Ryoji agreed. "We wouldn't sleep during a class trip, now would we?"

Makoto stared at Ryoji for a while. It was shocking how Ryoji was Death. I mean, Ryoji looked like he wouldn't even hurt a freaking fly. Then why this? The two of them had gotten pretty close. It wouldn't be the same with him gone.

"Makoto?" Junpei called.

Makoto quietly decided to let loose for a while and stay up the night with Ryoji and Junpei.

Hours passed.

"So, do you think I should get something for Chidori?" Junpei asked.
Ryoji wasn't in the room, he said that he was going out for a bit to call someone.

"Do what you think is right." Makoto shrugged, walking over to the windows. "You know what she likes."

"I suppose that's true." Junpei scratched the back of his head with a goofy grin.

"I'm back!" Ryoji announced, entering the room, pulling Minako inside.

"W-Why am I here again?" Minako questioned.

"To have fun!" Ryoji replied. "You look so stiff, is something the matter?"

"Not really..." Minako shook her head. "Thanks for inviting me, I guess?"

Makoto gave a small look to Minako before looking at the scenery from the windows.

Makoto saw Aigis looking straight at him, standing outside the windows.

"Infiltration successful." Aigis commented, opening the windows and coming inside.

Junpei jumped from surprise and fell to the floor.

"Aigis?!" Minako gaped.

"Aigis, what are you doing here?" Makoto questioned.

"I judged that it was unfair that Makoto-san and I weren't in the same room." Aigis explained. "Ryoji-san, please switch rooms with me."

"Does that mean I get to be in the same room as Minako-chan? Sweet!" Ryoji pulled his fist in the air. "I get to sleep in the girls room? Really?"

"No, not really!" Junpei turned to face Ryoji. "I would die of jealousy!"

"Stop acting like complete pervs!" Minako placed her hands on her hips.

"In that case, please feel free to go with Ryoji-san." Aigis said, pushing Minako, Ryoji and Junpei.

"W-What, really?!"

"W-Wait..."

"Aigis!" Minako struggled. "Why do we have to leave through the window?!"

"Yeah, Minako-chan's right!" Ryoji nodded, still being pushed. "Why can't we just use the door?"

"No, you can't." Aigis stated, pushing the three towards the window that was open.

"Makoto!" Minako called, trying to get help. "This is insane!"

"Aigis...hold on..." Makoto wasn't sure what to do.

"It's too narrow!" Junpei complained, holding onto the railing, along with Minako and Ryoji. "There's no way we can cross through the balconies!"

"I had no problem." Aigis reasoned, pushing the three.