Chapter 9

"Eternity awaits..." Nyx declared, changing her arcana once again.

Minako panted, hands on her knees. If she was lucky and fortunate, this time was going to be the last. Her team and herself had been fighting Nyx for what seemed like hours. Something about Nyx kept changing, as Fuuka said.

Minako prayed that she would be successful in defeating Nyx. It would mean peace and nobody would lose their memories, right?

Bullshit.

Minako opened her eyes, struggling against the chains for a second. It was something she did every now and then, even though it was useless.

"Crazy things went through my head back then." Minako sighed, staring off into nothing. She made a sacrifice for her friends and no matter what she suffered through, she was going to do it again in a heartbeat if it meant her friends would be safe.

But, how long had it been since she was sealing Nyx? Being trapped here? Years? Decades? She couldn't tell anymore.

"I really want my headphones right now." Minako joked, trying to lighten up her own mood, but failed at it completely.

"I ended up all alone, huh?"

Minako woke up with a loud gasp. She placed a hand on her chest, trying to control her heart from coming out. Why did she always have nightmares? She was constantly reminded of what happened to her and she hated it. It scared her. It was traumatising.

Minako looked around and noticed that she was in her room at the dormitory. This room was a home to many, many memories. She was glad to be alive.

It was hard, but Yamagishi Fuuka was rescued. Everyone was safe and sound.

Minako steadily got out of bed, wincing a bit when she took notice of how tired her body was.

She walked to her desk, took out her cell phone and looked at the time.

It was 5 in the morning.

Minako got interested in the message that she received from Yukari. She decided to read the message and see what it was about.

"Mitsuru-senpai said we could have the day off, in case you didn't know since you fainted. Are you feeling better? Text me if you need anything, Minako. Take care of yourself and thank you for saving us."

Minako felt a smile creep on her face. It washed away as soon as it came, however. There was a problem. Minako used Messiah. The team wasn't going to act like it was nothing. They would question her about how she would use weaker personas in Tartarus and how all of sudden she drew out a powerful persona. They still hadn't forgotten about how she used Helel a few months ago as well. How was she going to cover up this time?

This was stupid. Her actions indeed had consequences but they were only necessary. What ever would happen, she was going to handle it like always.

Minako shook her head, changing into some pajamas and out of her uniform. It was still weird to her how they used the actual school uniform for adventures in Tartarus. But, hey, she's seen the weirdest things, nothing surprised her.

Minako headed outside of her room and towards the kitchen for a glass of water. It was most likely that everyone was sound asleep and tired from the mission.

Minako let her back lean against the wall as she drank some water. Minako unconsciously touched the cut on her cheek that she had received from the Empress. It sucked but she was going to have to place a band aid and then have a persona heal her to get rid of the scar and the slight pain she was still feeling. Making Helel use Salvation was the first thing that came into her mind, she'd be in perfect shape and the scar would die, too. It was a win-win. But she was obviously going to have to hide the fact that the scar was gone with a band aid to avoid any suspicion since no one's persona at this stage could heal tremendously like Helel could.