Chapter 18

Since it was the Dark Hour when Minako escaped, she didn't have to worry about any guards coming in her way---they were transmografied.

Minako ran as fast as her legs could take her. She wasn't aiming at running towards Tartarus or towards SEES, she wanted to get away from the place she was kept in as soon as she could.

There were trees everywhere, she didn't know where to go, yet she just did what felt right. She kept running in a straight direction.

She was tempted to scream out I told you so, to the whole members of SEES. Maybe she would do just that, just for the giggles.

If she was certain of one thing, it was just this.

She was no fucking test subject.

______________________________________

It was morning.

SEES was a mess.

Mitsuru had gone away from the dormitory for a few weeks, saying that she had to attend to some procedures and responsibilities. She was Takeharu's only child, after all.

Yukari watched the actual video recording of her father and cried. She was glad that believing him was the right choice. It took a while, but she finally got the message.

What sucked more was Minako was the one who told Yukari to keep believing in her father and to not lose hope.

Minako was gone now.

It made Yukari hate herself for everything she did to cause Minako trouble.

Junpei was in his room, a sigh escaping his lips when he recalled some memories with Minako.

Minako always supported him in everything. Hell, she was the one who would help him in his studies. She always looked out for him.

Akihiko was in his room as well, training by using his punching bag. He was extremely worried about Mitsuru. He had never seen her like this before. He blamed himself for not trusting Minako. When Minako said that Ikutsuki would kill Mitsuru's father, he ridiculed her, laughed at her, felt enraged. He was wrong about everything. He acted too soon. Maybe if the team tried finding some proof, the future would have turned out different. Mitsuru wouldn't have to go through this phase in her life.

Fuuka was sitting in the command room, a small photo in her hands. It was the day everyone went to Yakushima, a picture of Yukari, Minako and herself, smiling widely at the camera. Fuuka hugged the photo close to her heart, her eyes got wet from her tears. It was no use to cry, she thought, since the damage has already been done.

Makoto layed in his bed, the lights were off. He kept torturing himself by thinking he could have done something to save Minako. He had four months. Four fucking months, thinking that she was dead.

He knew it wasn't his fault, since he did not know at all that Ikutsuki lied to him.

"Minako..."

The pain started to return once more.

The whole day went with SEES feeling guilty.
______________________________________

Makoto walked to school, pulling on the scarf that Minako had given him way before. It was too damn cold.

"Hey, good news! Wanna hear it? I know you do!" The usual gossiping student yelled. "I hear the boy who's transferring here is a stud!"

"Really? Are you just messing with me?" A loud student inquired.

"No! I heard it from someone who was filling the forms!"

"Which class?"

"11th grade, classroom F."