Chapter 14

How many months had it been since Makoto last saw Minako again?

Well, she was taken away on the 23rd of July.

It was now the 25th of August.

More than a month had passed.

Everyone went along with their daily routines and it seemed like the lack of Minako's presence didn't affect them anymore. It sucked knowing how fast they decided to push her away and forget about her existence.

...What did happen to Minako in this last month?

No one dared to ask Ikutsuki or they didn't really feel the need to care about a liar and a traitor, as his teammates put it.

Makoto was sitting on his bed, headphones placed in his ears and watched stared at a Jack Frost Minako had given him when they went to the arcade once.

Did he miss Minako? Damn right, he did.

Did he want to see her? He did.

Hug her? Yup.

Never let her go? You bet.

Watch her smile? Of course.

"Minako..." He mumbled, taking a look at his window where he saw rain pouring down.

He felt empty inside.

There was a hole in his heart and no matter what he did or tried, it just didn't fill up.

SEES was worried about him, for the most part. They knew Minako's going away hurt Makoto a lot but they told him time and time again that he shouldn't think about her, that she just wasn't worth it, that she was better off gone.

Makoto held his head in his hands and tried to stop the haunting memories of Arisato Minako.

School was going to be normal. When people would find out Minako had suddenly 'transferred', everyone was going to believe it. Sure, they would talk about it for about a week, before turning over to the new gossip and rumours that were going to be around.

It was pretty sad how people could forgot about others so fast.

He missed Minako beyond words.

'Say, Yuuki-kun? Let's be friends.' There was no one to talk to.

'I have felt the pain of losing who you are as well.' There was no one who could understand him better.

'It's no lie that I depend on you as well.' There wasn't anyone who could make his heart beat race.

'Y-You can do whatever you want with me, just don't hurt him!' She was reckless.

'You can't do that...you have to stay by my side...' She would be afraid, but when it meant protecting him, she never wavered an inch.

'You were already a part of me before I even knew it.' She was confusing sometimes.

'It's really no big deal, Makoto.' She was selfless.

'Don't say it isn't your place, don't say I'm not comfortable around you...' Her words made him happy.

'Makoto, the time we spent, I will never forget. You'll do great things, I am certain.' She smiled at him when he couldn't even do anything.

It hurts.

______________________________________

Summer vacation didn't end yet.