Chapter 21

Minako spent most of the time sleeping inside the bullet train to Kyoto.

Ryoji was sitting between Makoto and Minako, looking eager and excited to arrive at Kyoto.

"Come on, let's take another picture!" Ryoji insisted, pushing Makoto inside the frame. "Oh, Minako-chan's sleeping, well, let's take a solo then!"

Makoto grunted, but agreed to it anyway.

"Makoto-kun, I feel this is going to one memorable trip!" Ryoji clapped. "I can just feel it already!"

"Ryoji, keep quiet." Toriumi chided, looking behind her seat to warm Ryoji.

"S-Sorry!"

A few hours later...

"We're finally here!" Junpei cheered, looking around. "Whoa, nice place!"

"It is an expensive area, after all." Yukari mentioned.

"Hey, what's that umbrella for?" Ryoji asked, looking at a table which an umbrella above it.

"..."

Minako stayed quiet, thinking about what to say.

"Want to get under it?" Minako suggested.

Even though it was Minako herself who said that, she felt a cringe and sort of awkward after saying that. She hoped Ryoji wouldn't get weirded out.
"Doing anything together with you would be my pleasure." Ryoji smiled. "Say, Makoto-kun, Minako-chan, why don't we go hang out somewhere together after this?"

Minako took a sigh of relief. Thank goodness, he didn't find it awkward.

"What kind of reasoning is that?" Yukari rolled her eyes. "Are you trying to flirt with Minako already? You've only known her for what, three days? Watch yourself around him, okay, Minako? This guy will go after any girl with a pulse."

"I don't just go after anyone. I want to get to know you, because you're you." Ryoji clarified, taking a hold of Minako's hand.

"Y-Yeah, okay!" Minako flushed, pulling her hand away out of embarrassment. "I know..."

Damn it all. She was still so nervous around him, even though they weren't a couple anymore.

Makoto didn't show it, but he mentally frowned. It was painfully obvious that Makoto had feelings for Minako. Hell, the entire SEES knew about it.

"Though, I must say, we're getting along pretty nicely." Ryoji chuckled.

"Huh? What's with that chuckle? Wait, don't tell me...Are you two...?" Yukari guessed.

"N-No!" Minako waved her arms around in the air. "We are most definitely not anymore!"

"Anymore?" Junpei repeated, mouth falling open. "When did this happen?!"

"No! I didn't mean it like that!" Minako covered her face with her hands. "I just fumbled with my words! Yeah, that's just it!"

Yukari blinked rapidly. She hadn't ever seen Minako look so flustered before.

"H-Holy shit, I'll just go now?!" Minako placed a hand on her heart, beginning to walk ahead.

"Ah, young love." Junpei smirked, nudging Ryoji.

"It's not really like that." Ryoji laughed. "...Well, at least I think so."

"Careful, dude." Junpei said, placing an arm around Ryoji's shoulders. "Makoto's in love with her."

...

"You are?!" Ryoji gasped. "You should have told me sooner! Don't worry, I'll help you get together with Minako-chan! I'll totally back off!"