Chapter 8

"Orpheus!" Makoto summoned quickly. The chosen persona was fast in throwing a Bash attack, saving Fuuka from the Emperor's blade.

Makoto launched himself off of the motorcycle, jumping into the air and pulling Minako away from the Empress, resulting in saving her just in time.

He quickly picked her up and moved away from the two shadows. Minako and Makoto watched as Orpheus attacked.

"There you go again, showing up and hogging all the glory!" Junpei joked.

"Forget it, fire doesn't work on that thing!" Junpei gritted when Orpheus used an Agi attack on the Emperor. "Orpheus' attacks are no good!"

"They aren't?" Makoto muttered, raising the evoker to his head once again.

"The showoff evoked another persona?" Junpei laughed for a second.

Makoto's called persona used a Bufu attack on both the shadows, freezing the two.

"Be careful! They're still alive!" Fuuka warned as the shadows changed their properties once again.

The Emperor and Empress broke put of the ice and fired an attack on the persona, making it disappear.

Makoto was slow in realising an attack was being sent his way. Miraculously, he dodged in time, however he was pushed back, making him hit his back onto Fuuka's persona with a thud.

Makoto's eyes widened when Minako crawled to him, getting in front and shielding him from the shadows with an arm stretched to the side.

"So, we're no match for them?" Akihiko spat.

"Yuuki! Get Yamagishi and Moriyama out of here!" Mitsuru ordered. "If you stay here, we'll all be killed. Save yourselves! Hurry!"

Minako closed her eyes shut when the Emperor raised it's sword up again, aiming at them.

Makoto immediately summoned Orpheus, who blocked the attack.

"What are you doing?! Go! Hurry!" Akihiko seethed.

The team began summoning their personas in order to distract the shadows and to buy time for Makoto to escape with Fuuka and Natsuki.

Makoto, however, didn't move a muscle.

"Go! Hurry!" Yukari pleaded.

"Go! Yuuki! That's an order!" Mitsuru demanded.

"You idiot...get out of here..." Minako breathed, still shielding him.

Makoto didn't give an answer, thinking what to do with wide eyes.

"Yuuki!" Mitsuru yelled, trying to make him listen.

"Yuki-kun, let's go after him!" Yukari told Makoto during the last mission.

"But, he said-"

"He's out teammate!" Yukari reminded.

"I don't care about what happens to me...As long you're safe..." Minako whispered.

Several flashbacks went through Makoto's head involving Junpei, Fuuka and everyone.

"Listen to me, whatever happens, kill him even if it hurts. Don't make the same mistake as I did. You can't beat that one." Minako whispered to Makoto, confusing him.

Minako cursed herself mentally. She desperately wanted to summon Helel or even Messiah. But she was badly hurt and if she summoned her persona, there was no telling what would happen. She knew she was going to faint from the fatigue it would cause. And what if the persona missed?