Chapter 5

"Ugh, I can't believe we have finals to deal with next week." Yukari groaned, slumping her shoulders as she sat on the couch next to Minako.

"I know what you mean, Yuka-tan. I had a dream of the monorail that all my tests were glued to the windows with like 30% or 40%. On second thought, maybe it'll actually turn out like that." Junpei sighed.

"I'm sure we'll do alright." Minako commented.

Minako had decided to interact with the team a bit so that they wouldn't suspect anything.

"Makoto, how do you think you're going to do?" Junpei asked, turning his to look at Makoto who was sitting next to him.

"I don't really care." Was Makoto's reply.

"Man, what am I going to do...Ms Toriumi might just kill me." Junpei shivered.

Minako looked at Junpei for a few seconds thinking of something.

"Anyway, our Senpais aren't going to be here until later, so we can't go to Tartarus today." Yukari informed. "I'm going upstairs to my room to study. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Good luck." Minako nodded.

"Say, Mina-tan, why don't you join the team? It seems like you have free time and your grades are good in class. It's just a suggestion.." Junpei told, going to the kitchen to heat up some ramen.

Minako furrowed her eyebrows.

She did want to help her friends but she also wanted to prevent the Fall.

Minako knew trying to stop the Shadows was going to be impossible because of Pharos.

"I'm going out for a bit." Minako announced, grabbing her coat from the stand.

"Alone?" Makoto questioned.

"I'm not a weak girl, Makoto. I can take care of myself." Minako said, closing the door and going outside.

'She's hiding something.' Makoto knew there was something off about Minako.

______________________________________

Minako opened the door to the Velvet Room and was met with Elizabeth.

"I was waiting for you." She smiled.

"Waiting for me? What do you mean?" Minako inquired, sitting down on a chair.

"You're here because Death stopped you, isn't that right?"

"How do you know?" Minako had a confused look on her face.

"I know everything about you, Minako-sama." Elizabeth winked.

"Right...Anyway, what should I do, Elizabeth? How am I supposed to prevent the fall if I can't prevent SEES from mauling the Shadows?" Minako bit her lip.

"Minako-sama, many people wished for Death. They wanted the Fall to happen, in other words they wished for it. That's what made Death stronger. If more people were like you, the fall could've been prevented."
"I can't just change everyone's mind." Minako rolled her eyes.

"And I'm not asking you to, Minako-sama." Elizabeth giggled. "Perhaps asking Death to stop the crisis that will be surely come would be an idea."
"You mean ask Ryoji? You want me to convince Ryoji?" Minako snapped her fingers.

"It may be the solution." Elizabeth nodded.

"So I can join SEES?"

"Whatever you do is upto you, Minako-sama. One wrong move and fate changes. There's no telling what may be the outcome of all our choices." Elizabeth chorused.