Chapter 17

It was the day of the full moon.

Nobody went to school that day, thinking that they needed to conserve their strength and energy.

Makoto, on the other hand, decided to give Minako's grave a visit before the big battle later tonight.

"Hey, Minako." Makoto greeted, placing flowers on the grave and bending down with a small smile. "Today's the final battle, the Dark Hour will end. I wish you were here to see it happen."

A soft breeze blew in the distance.

"Give me the strength to fight, Minako." Makoto closed his eyes and joined his hands together for a prayer.

"It was a long journey but it's going to end tonight, Minako." Makoto told. "It's almost...hard to believe."

Makoto always replaced the flowers with fresh, new ones, every week. He would bring a bouquet of sunflowers, tulips or even different flowers.

He remembered how Minako once told him that she liked sunflowers.

"You liked flowers, didn't you, Minako?" Makoto muttered, looking at the flowers. "I'll bring you more next week, like always. The owner of Rafflesia thinks I'm buying these flowers every week to make my girlfriend happy, but that isn't true."

"I miss you, Minako, a lot." Makoto admitted, a sad smile appearing on his face. "It shouldn't have ended up like this."

Makoto stood up after giving the gravestone a kiss.

"Continue to watch over me, Minako."
______________________________________

Fuuka has summoned Juno to find the Shadow's location.

"I found it. It's currently at the south end of Moonlight Bridge. The twelveth and final Shadow." Fuuka informed.

"Hmm. This is it." Ikutsuki hummed.

"As we expected, there are two persona users nearby. Strega." Fuuka mentioned.

"They know this is their last chance. Even though we were expecting this, we should still be careful." Mitsuru advised.

"Those bastards..." Ken spat.

"Hmph. Saves us the trouble of looking for them." Akihiko grinned.

"You've all done a fine job up to this point." Mitsuru praised. "This will be our last operation. Let's all come back safely."

"Let's crush them." Makoto said, determination in his eyes.

"Hell yeah!" Junpei smirked.

It was finally time.

There was nothing to be afraid of. Makoto had the help of his friends and the knowing feeling that Minako was rooting for him.

SEES picked up their respective weapons and made their way out of the dorm and to Moonlight Bridge.

______________________________________

Minako pushed the side her body against the iron bars, trying to break it.

She desperately wanted to get out of here.

If she didn't, Mitsuru's father was going to die.

Aigis was going to be controlled and aim her guns at Makoto.

Although she remembered that Aigis regained her consciousness before she could kill Minako, Minako just wasn't sure if the same was going to be happening this time.

"Get me out of here!" Minako yelled, repeatedly throwing herself on the bars, drawing blood from her forehead.

She didn't have time...