Chapter 10

According to the meeting that was held, there were still eight Shadows that remained to be defeated before the Dark Hour could end.

Minako wanted to puke the entire time she was there. She couldn't believe how oblivious she was in her previous cycle that she thought everything that Ikutsuki said was true.

There was a lot of time before the final battle with Nyx. Minako was going to do everything in her power to stop that from happening. She was going to prevent the Fall. Even if it meant killing Ryoji, the male who she fell in love with, she was going to do it. That's her main purpose for being here--preventing the Fall.

Minako ate her ice cream as she wandered around the Shrine. There was no school today and she was going to make the most of it. It was still hot as hell, but hey, better than staying in a closed room all day.

Minako walked up the steps of the Shrine and grinned when she saw Koromaru.

She bent down to the dog's level, immediately running her hand on his hair. She began to pet the dog, a lively smile on her face as she did so. Koromaru, nuzzled closer to her and Minako hugged to dog's body.

"I didn't think of you to be a dog person." A familiar voice which she knew too well said.

"Well, I guess you don't know me too much, Makoto." Minako mused. "You know this dog?"

"Not really, Yukari and Fuuka were with this dog yesterday when I came back from school." Makoto explained.

"Ah. Come on, pet him."

Makoto said nothing, quietly looking at Minako as she smiled cheerfully at the dog who licked her hands.

He didn't know why but he loved it when Minako smiled. It felt to him like she used smile a lot and laugh without a care in the world, happily, in one life. Makoto wanted to protect that smile. It didn't occur to him when it happened, but he started developing feelings for Minako.

______________________________________

At the dorm...

"The full moon's upon us." Mitsuru mentioned. "It would be excellent if our theory about the full moon and the Shadows appearances is right."

"Yeah, it's tomorrow." Yukari gulped nervously. "It just came so soon."

"Eight are left, right? We should probably be training hard. And considering tomorrow's the full moon, we should be working extra hard." Minako crossed her arms.

"That's the spirit Mina-tan!" Junpei gave a thumbs up to the said girl. "I'm bored as hell."

"We should really be studying for the test we have tomorrow." Yukari rolled her eyes.

...

"What t-test?" Junpei dared to ask.

"Oops! I forgot to mention it!" Yukari slapped a hand on her forehead.

"Are you kidding me?!" Junpei deadpaned before running up to his room, Yukari, Minako and Makoto doing the same thing.

"I guess they have it hard." Akihiko chuckled.

Minako already knew everything, so there was no need for her to study at all.

A couple of knocks came on the girl's door. Minako went up to her door and opened it to find Makoto outside. "Oh, something you need?"

"I need some help in calculus." Makoto admitted.

"I'm at your service." Minako grinned, standing beside to let Makoto enter. "And be quiet while you're in here, we wouldn't want a possible execution from Mitsuru, would we?"