prologue

Flopping onto to the bed Jungkook cried, his eyes red rimmed and wet. He wished he could smile, it was a bit impossible to smile though, even as much as he would love to smile. Jin always said he was beautiful when he smiled but no, no he couldn't force a smile onto his face.

That would be wrong, he deserved to cry for the man he'll never have. He deserved to sob and sob for someone who he'll never meet. Pathetic? Maybe. But still Jungkook wondered what he would have been like, would he have been pretty? He could almost imagine him, soft brown eyes, tan skin leading to a softer and even cuter face.

He wanted to meet him, he deserved it. For fuck's sake he deserved it, he deserved to meet his soulmate. And he deserved to be happy. Unfortunately for Jungkook, life tended to not be fair, it was just difficult.

He choked on another sob, and grabbed a can of tissues quickly wiping at his eyes. As he curled in on himself, a knock quickly issued on his door, and head shooting up, he wanted to groan.

He pretended to be asleep, as he heard a soft voice say "Jungkook, are you sleeping?" He kept quite, as the door soflty opened and in stepped his older brother, Kim Seokjin and his husband Kim Namjoon.

"How's he holding up" Namjoon softly asked Jin, his head on the older boy's broad shoulders. "Not so well, he doesn't want this" Jin mummered quietly pulling Namjoon along with him to Jungkook's bed.

Jungkook felt, soft fingers comb through his hair softly and he let himself relax a bit. "You'll be fine, Koo you have us." Jin mummered his thoughts thousands of miles away. He wondered how he could get his brother out of this, but then again what was the point of wondering, Jin knew he couldn't.

And that thought made him want to cry, Jin was supposed to be able to protect his brother. Who else would if he didn't? He looked away to the night sky, thoughts a whirlwind, he wished he was capable of protecting his brother, but he didn't have it him, and he didn't have a clue of as how to.

Namjoon sighed, at the look on Jin's face, placing a soft kiss to the corner of Jin's mouth. Jungkook sneaking a peek at what was going on, winced.

They were so sickeningly sweet, he hated it sometimes. But as much as he didn't wish to he had to admit that, they had the most beautiful relationship ever.

After all they were soulmates, meant for each other, they were happy together, and that was something Jungkook would never have, heaving a soft breath, he closed his eyes once again. He heard Namjoon softly say "You'll both be fine."

'I'll be fine' he mummered to himself, repeating his older brother in law's words, and with that he let himself drift off into sleep.

★·.·'¯'·.·★ ★·.·'¯'·.·★

Taehyung stretched his long muscular arms, and casually tried to smear the color off his face, but instead he accidentally spread it. Groaning under his breath, he just ignored it and turned back to the woman.

She was spread across, the couch completely and utterly naked. When she'd texted him, asking and he quotes "Paint me like one of you're french girls."

He'd thought, for one, he didn't even paint french girls, but whatsoever. (When he'd told his brother this, Jung Hoseok had just cackled and mummers something about Titanic)
And as much as he would love to refuse, he couldn't. She'd offered up a shitload of money, and he may be rich, but in the end money is money, and like the rest of us he still wants it.

Someone's gotta, take care of Yoongi he thinks. If he doesn't who's going to get his brother out of the hospital. But he knows that's not it, he already paid that off. He means of course, other than the countless of new surgerys each week.

But even so as much as he loves to use that as his excuse, he's like every other damn human. Greedy, a greedy little fucker.

Maybe he has a heart, but it's rotten. Decayed and worn out, cold like ice. He doesn't really care, he has the life, he has the money, and he has the pleasure whenever he needs it. It doesn't matter to him, he doesn't need much else.

"What about you're soulmate" something in him  whispers, and Taehyung's mind drifts to the said boy. He'd seen him about six years ago, at seventeen. Then he'd had nothing much, nothing to his name. He remembers vividly the sight of his soulmate there, talking away to someone Taehyung didn't know

When they were a few feet away it still haunts him. On his darker times, his thought drifts to his soumate and what could have been. If only.

He'd seen him at a young age, he had a muscular build at his age being even younger than Taehyung it was in stark contrast to Taehyung's own bony skin.

He was giggling along to something another man was saying to him. And Taehyung, well he had never seen his full face. He hadn't bother to stay, he'd ran away like the filth he was.

He couldn't do it, staying wasn't a option. He was a coward, and he knew it. But like he told everyone else, he didn't want a soulmate.

He didn't need a random stranger to come into his dark life. He didn't need someone else to annoy him. Maybe the world outside was bursting with love and such, but Taehyung was unlike the rest of the world.

Taehyung, Taehyung loved to stay inside while the rest of the world wondered aimlessly about with they're robots and such, he loved to paint. His one passion, his true one. His paintings were truly beautiful.

His mind once more darted back to his soulmate and he once again thought of how he'd left never sparing a look back at the kid, the one who was supposed to be the other half of his soul. Pushing those thoughts out of his head. He focused back onto the lady in front of him, and began drawing her silky ebony hair.