chapter 28

Eyes watery he looked at Yoongi, his brother had changed. Sickness does that to a person, his skin was lighter, a sickly shade, lips paler, eyes hooded and his body fragile.

But underneath it all, he was still Yoongi, he was still Taehyung's brother. He was the boy, who'd play chess with him, laugh at him, and beat him every time. He was still the only one who could calm Hoseok down when they were younger.

He was the same man when he'd got a job at sixteen, wouldn't care how many drugs his brother did, wouldn't care if he found him in the floor drunk. He'd pick up the broken pieces that were Taehyung and put them back together.

He wouldn't sob like his mother and leave him there, he wouldn't freak out like Hoseok who was so unsure of what to do, and he certainly wouldn't make it worse like his father.

Yoongi had a calm nature, he'd seen worse than Taehyung had ever done. Yoongi tended to hang out with the bad kids when they were younger and maybe that was made him so tough. Taehyung adored his older brother when he was younger.

It was like he was invincible even at 14 doing stupid shit, Yoongi didn't bat a eye and just helped him. At eight years old, when his father tired to hit him, Yoongi was the one who got in front of him and took it for him instead.

His brother would take a bullet for him, Yoongi was like a hero to him. Strong and someone he could always count on. Maybe that was why he'd been so scared when Yoongi got the stupid disease.

Seeing his invincible brother wither away, Taehyung really couldn't bear that. But sometimes we need to bypass our fears. Yoongi softly smiled at Taehyung, the fond little smile he always gave Taehyung.

Taehyung broke out in a sob, and Yoongi just sadly smiled at him. Opening his arms, Taehyung let himself fall back into his brothers arms like he did when he was fifteen and couldn't fucking take it anymore.

And he let himself cry.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

"Yoons" Jimin mumbled softly entering the room a bit later after Taehyung had left. Yoongi eyes turned to look at him, red rimmed from crying.

"Thank you Jimin" Yoongi hummed out softly eyes falling to the celling as Jimin wrapped himself into his soulmate.

"Do you want to walk for a bit?" Jimin asked heasintly, and Yoongi softly nodded.

Helping him up, or well scooping Yoongi up from the bed, bridal style and then wrapping one arm and around him as they walked out, Jimin smiled.

Yoongi rested his head lightly on Jimin's shoulder as they made their way around. "I-How'd it go with Taehyung?" Jimin asked unsurely.

Yoongi softly smiled, the sadness behind it lessened, loosing Jimin's own heart. "G-Good, I missed him so much Jimin." Yoongi mumbled and then suddenly he hissed out, his feet scraping the floor and him almost falling onto the ground.

Thankfully Jimin grabbed him just in time, scooping up the light body of his soulmate into his arms, picking him up bridal style.

Yoongi sighed, leaning his head into Jimin's solid chest. "I'm sorry" he mumbled, why couldn't he do anything right?

Jimin pulled Yoongi closer to his chest "It's okay Yoons, let's sit?" Jimin asked.

His soulmate softly nodded, sometimes Yoongi felt so incapable. See even here he could barely walk, he couldn't even without the help of Jimin. Even then he almost collapsed right now.

Jimin led them over to a bench, and softly placed Yoongi next to him and plopped next to him. Staring up at the night sky, sparkling almost like Jimin's soft eyes.

Yoongi turned to his soulmate, Jimin was truly something. Beautiful inside and out.

Looking up, he wondered what his life would be like without him. "Yoons?" Jimin asked, when Yoongi was a bit quite for a little too long.

"I-I love you, Jimin. I love you with everything that's left in this stupid body, I love you like the moon loves the sun. I love you more than the word love. I love with everything in me" Yoongi turned to Jimin, who was staring at him eyes wide and open in shock.

Reaching forward he brushed a strand of Jimin's hair out of his face. "I love you" he confirmed.

Jimin just stared at him eyes agape, almost with wonder in them. Giggling softly, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against Yoongi's.

Maybe Yoongi was a bit cliche, maybe he wasn't perfect, but Jimin was all he had ever wanted. And kissing him was something else, it wasn't necessary sparks.

Nor the big old fireworks that people would talk about, it was the sweet sweet feeling of being home after a long long day. Smiling against Yoongi's lips, Jimin bought the boy closer to him.

Pressing him back against the bench, Yoongi let himself live. He was still young, and his soulmate was fucking hot. Letting his trail softly under Jimin's shirt, he shivered.

Jimin arched a bit up, lips pulling away from Yoongi's only to latch onto neck. Pulling Yoongi closer yet to him, Jimin breathlessly gasped.

Yoongi smiled softly a look on his eyes, one that Jimin blushing even with the position they were in. Jimin practically on Yoongi's lap, legs wound tight around his soulmate.

"Why do you have that look in you're eyes?" Jimin mumbled, as Yoongi softly kissed along the line of his jaw. He could feel Yoongi's smile etched onto his skin, something that felt so beautiful, something that no one could ever replicate.

"You look like a angel" Yoongi mumbled softly causing a soft blush to spread across both of their cheeks. Jimin smiled cheekily "I'm you're angel then." He mumbled, dropping a soft little kiss onto Yoongi and resting his head on his soulmates chest, feeling his heart rapidly thump.

"Don't ever leave me, Yoons" Jimin mumbled softly, he could hear Yoongi sadly smile into his hair at that. Pulling Jimin closer to him, Yoongi dropped a kiss to his head.

"I hope I never have to"

Jimin looked up, into the sparkling eyes of him. A man so beautiful, Jimin couldn't believe he was real. "I love you" Jimin whispered.

At that he felt Yoongi's arms tighten around him, as if scared Jimin would slip out from his arms and disappear. "Don't ever leave me Jimin" Yoongi whispered a deep aching in his chest, as he thought of being without Jimin.

"Never" Jimin whispered and leaning up he pressed their lips together.