chapter 35

Jungkook took his lips, biting the bottom one between his teeth in concentration. None of them said a word, catching each other's eyes here and there, and then looking away, a awkward silence between them.

It made Jungkook want to cry, he could remember when they'd never be a silence betweeen them. Him chattering away excited about something, Taehyung filling in here and there, laughing softly.

Jungkook tsked under his breath, hands reaching and putting the letter into his pocket, Taehyung softly watched his every move. "I-uh" he mumbled and then cut himself off, unsure of what to say.

Taehyung eyebrows rose a little, and he turned to the ground and said "I guess we just wait it out, wait for them to come back?"

That kind of hurt, the fact Taehyung didn't even bother to talk about what the note said, ignored it completely, maybe Jungkook was being stupid. But he wished his soulmate acknowledged it, as mad as he was to Jimin, for doing this.

There was a spark of hope in his chest, one that said, maybe Taehyung will be yours again? Jungkook tried his best to quell in, sometimes at random times, when Taehyung couldn't block the soul bound, he'd feel a slip of his emotions.

Jungkook didn't need Taehyung to know what he was feeling right now. Gulping he plopped down onto the ground, trying to be nonchalant. The ground was hard though, letting out a little ow, he settled down.

Taehyung raised a questioning eyebrow, a amused smile appearing on his face, against his will probably. Taehyung then cautiously took a seat next to him, his movements hesitant and careful.

A content feeling settled into Jungkook, as much as he didn't want to admit it, it did. Taehyung was always, he couldn't say his, Tahehyung wasn't always his, and maybe he'd never been.

But Jungkook was always his, Taehyung would always be his first and his last. He'd been lost in so many different ways, like a star twinkling in the diamond sky.

Losing Taehyung had been hard, but it was alright, Taehyung had made him happier in the time he had him. And Taehyung had made him more confident, he'd been lost, as cliche as it sounds, Taehyung found Jungkook.

That is in the sense he made Jungkook feel like Jungkook again, he made Jungkook feel as if he was special, worth life's efforts. "D-Do you think I would have loved you if we weren't soulmates?" Jungkook softly questioned, words falling out of his lips with a smooth ease.

A soft startled "Wha-What" falls from Taehyung's lips, Jungkook doesn't turn to look at him, but the shock is evident in his voice.

Jungkook ignores him and continues "Sometimes I wonder, what would we have been if not for the soul bound? Would I have ever been yours? A thousand lifetimes ago, they may have made the bond, so everyone could have been happy with the person that was truly theirs."

He hears Taehyung sucks in a deep breath, yet he still ignores the boy "Maybe I'm a idiot, but I like to think I'd still have found you, still have fallen in love with you. And you'd still have made me the happiest I'd ever been, even if all you did was leave me in the end."

He feels long, lean fingers, exactly as he remembered, slip into his hands. He ignores it, goes on voice a little shakier than before.

"Jin thinks I should regret it, regretting ever being with you because all you did was break my heart in the end, but you know what I think? I don't think I could ever regret it in the end, if I could I'd still do it, because I could never regret you Taehyung. Never in a million years."

He shuts his eyes tightly close, tears dripping unwilling down his cheeks, voice a little ragged he goes on.

"Because I don't have think even if I lived a million years, I could ever been as happy as I was with you. What everyone else doesn't see? That's, that you made me happy, made me feel as if I was on top of the world, you Taehyung made me feel in love, and you probably don't know what that feels like. But let me tell you Taehyung, as much as it hurts, it's the most beautiful thing in the world."

Suddenly he feels a hand softly cup his cheek, the other hand, even softer, fingertips wiping the tears away from his cheek.

He goes on "I love you Taehyung, and I've never loved anyone before, so I can't tell you I love more than I've ever loved anyone before."

Jungkook shudders, as he feed his soulmates hands wiping at his cheek, a soft shiver traveling through his body.

"But I can tell you I love you more than the word love, I can tell you I love more than anything. I think I've always somewhat loved you, and I always will. I might've been stupid to think we'd have found each other in this world if we weren't soulmates, but I love you enough to feel that."

The hands on his cheek stop as Jungkook finishes talking, his body curling in more towards himself. He still has his eyes closed shut, too scared to open them and see Taehyung in front of him.

"Jungkook" Taehyung urges softly, fingers slipping into his own "Look at me."

Jungkook doesn't want to, he's to scared to, he's always been too scared do anything really. But he does, for Taehyung he does.

Taehyung, he's there, eyes glistening with his own tears as he looks at Jungkook. One hand still on Jungkook's cheeks, the other wrapped around his hand as he holds Jungkook close to him.

"I love you more, more than the stars love the sky or the moon loves the sun. I love you beyond words."

And before Jungkook could even hope to reply, he feels a pair of shaking lips, press against his own.