chapter 30

Fading in, fading out his vision danced in front of his eyes. Unwilling he closed them, the horrid smell of burnt oil, mixed with blood and metal filling his nose as the darkness crept in around him, and sight was soon gone as his eyes fell shut.

Mind hazy, he disappeared from this world into a different one, one with dreams and ghosts of his former self.

"Jaebum I told I didn't want to go, yet you still made me come and now you're yelling at me for not enjoying myself?" Jungkook yelled as his fiancé glared at him, eyes harsh under the bright lights of the dance floor.

Jaebum rolled his eyes, and groaned hands heavy on Jungkook's waist. "Babeee" he slurred alcohol heavy on his breath. "Dance with me."

Jungkook shook the taller man away from him, this time rolling his own eyes he said "Come back when you learn some manners."

With a twist of his heel he was about to exit when his fiancé's hand grasped his hands harsh and unforgiving "Dance with me, you're parents are watching."

Jungkook froze eyes swiftly skimming over the heads of people until he found his parents. Of course they were here, they had to fucking be here.

Eyebrow raised his father observed him, the look clearly saying do what I want. Groaning internally he intertwined his fingers into Jaebum's forcing a smile onto his face.

"Let's dance then."

His eyes opened again, unwanted memories disappearing, breath grasping in, he tried to roll away from under the rover. Maybe call 911 or something, he didn't quite manage.

Instead he made the roof topple over onto its side, the sharp hilt of the metal hitting Jungkook and running a deep gash through his abdomen, gasping in pain. Jungkook groaned, as blood seeped out of his abdomen, tiredness seeped in.

Moaning in pain, Jungkook reached down to feel at his stomach, the blood was rapidly flowing out, liquid red and bright on his fingertips. He tried to press on it, wasn't that supposed to help?

He couldn't it hurt like hell, almost doubling over in pain he let the darkness creep back in again and drifted back into his memories.

"Ahh, Taehyungie that tickles" Jungkook mumbled softly, lifting his head from where it was dutifully concerted on Jungkook's abdomen, Taehyung softly smiled.

"Koo I'm painting on you, what else did you expect?" Taehyung teasingly asked, eyes boring into Jungkook's.

"For it not to tickle" Jungkook mumbled gasping in a quick breath, when Taehyung's fingers pressed onto his hips, steadying him.

"Stay still" Taehyung mumbled softly, his fingers softly stroking infinity symbols across Jungkook's hips, a instinct perhaps, he didn't seem to realize he was doing it.

Taehyung was a bit too focused on his painting, the one on Jungkook's abdomen. Smiling at the look of concentration on his soulmates face, Jungkook reached up and brushed a stand of his hair behind his face.

"Whatca painting" Jungkook asked softly, as a lighter brush whisked on his skin. The brush careful almost, with the way, Taehyung moved it.

"Sunflowers" Taehyung mumbled, eyes looking up to meet Jungkook's. Jungkook hummed softly, a innocently sweet melody.

"Why?"

"They match you, always stretching to the sunlight, wanting to reach it, to reach higher even when they're already perfect and beautiful." Taehyung looked up a soft smiled wandering onto his face as he looked at Jungkook, leaning in he pressed a sweet kiss to Jungkook's lips.