Chapter 13: Holy Shit I'm A Dude

Nova

Amy took us to a house three down from her own. It was bigger than the vacation home but not bigger than the farm house. I missed that place already. It had been our home for over a year. This was a new place-an unfamiliar place. I don't like change.

"I'll be back. I have to go do something." Finn said, turning and walking towards the commons area after handing me my bat back.

"You're leaving in an hour! So be back in time."

Finn waved her off and disappeared. I didn't like that he was going alone.

"Tommy follow him."

Tommy nodded once and headed in the same direction Finn went.

"Well looks like us girls get first dibs!" Finch cheered, heading inside after Amy unlocked the door.

"You're the leader you get the key." Amy said, handing me a key attached to a blue keychain.

"I call the master bedroom. I'm the leader." I called out, shutting the door behind me.

I released a heavy sigh as I looked around, not happy about this at all. There's too many people here to be safe and James gives off some pretty weird vibes. I want to be in my vacation home. My future home. Not here. Not where I can't keep everyone safe.

At this point I might fight the majority rules bullshit and tell everyone we're leaving whether they like it or not. Even if it does make Finch happy. I haven't seen her smile like she did in so long. Maybe I can last a week. Maybe. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I started to wander around the home when Finch appeared and nodded her head towards the stairs. "There's three rooms total. I think this is the master." She said as she pushed the double doors open.

I loved the room immediately. It was light blue and everything else was black. Black blankets and pillows, a black dresser. It even had a window seat-I've always wanted a window seat.

"I was gonna fight you for the big room but clearly you love it so I'll let you have it." Finch said with a smile before heading towards another door.

I ran and jumped straight onto the bed, sinking into the plush mattress after kicking off my boots. Booker jumped on the bed and laid down next to me, curling up in a ball and going back to sleep. I was pretty tired too so I decided to take a nap. They'd wake me up when it was time to go.

**********

"Hey-Hey No. Wake up. It's time for you to go." Finch muttered, gently nudging me.

I sat up with a yawn, rubbing my tired eyes. It wasn't enough.

Maybe five more minutes...

"No. No going back to sleep. You have to go. Remember? Saving that guy so you can have a AR-92 grenade launching thingy?"

She wasn't even close.

I pulled on my boots and headed downstairs. All of the weapons were on the table for me. I had my own little arsenal this is great. I needed this since we were so low on ammunition. We wouldn't make it without weaponry and we only had four guns, some machetes, and my bow. And my bat.

But that wasn't enough. Now I had enough for everyone to be armed. Including the girls. I'm giving them both my old hand guns. I'll have to teach them how to shoot later but I felt a lot safer knowing I had this much weaponry.

"Hey Sleepy Head." Finn chimed behind me, making me smile.

Why am I smiling?

"We need to be back in time for the weapon making class-" I paused as Finn came out of a room dressed and ready to go.