Chapter 17: We Aren't Nothing

Finn

I was heading towards where I figured Nova would be when I saw her get stopped by one of the guys from the other night at dinner. Levi, I believe. I couldn't explain the jealously I felt as I watched this dude fawn all over my girl. I mean she's not mine-yet-but still. I don't know what he said but she grinned, looking him over and nodding slowly. So I stepped closer. I wanted to hear what they were saying.

"You're new around here, I can show you around if you'd like?"

"No thanks. Mom always told me not to talk to strangers."

That's my girl.

"Come on, you're too pretty to pass up. I can show you a good time."

Nova smiled and leaned closer to him. "Not in your wildest dreams. You're not my type."

"I'm everyone's type."

"Well not mine, loser. Now piss off. Before my boyfriend beats your ass."

"I know you don't have one. I swear I'm not a bad guy just give me a shot."

Nova looked over at me and tilted her head, then her eyes lit up with a plan.

"Hold on let me ask him. Hey Babe?" She called out, waving me over.

I stood from leaning against the wall and made my way over to them.

"What's up Sweetheart?" I asked, kissing her cheek.

"Can I go out with this guy?"

I barked out a laugh, shaking my head. "Sorry but she's spoken for."

He looked between us with narrowed eyes before taking a step back. "I'll see you later." He told her, walking off.

"Thanks Finn. I hate it when guys can't take a hint."

"I didn't know we were dating. Took you long enough."

Nova chuckled and rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Maybe one day Finn. I'll see you later."

I watched her walk away, my eyes lowering to her ass. I couldn't help it-I'm an ass man I really am. Hers isn't too big, or too small. It's perfectly in the middle. I couldn't wait to grab and smack it. If she'll ever let me do it anyways.

She's probably going off to continue making weapons. I really want to know what she's making me. I decided to head back to the house I didn't feel safe walking around, so I opted for a nap. I was pretty tired since I stayed up all night waiting for Nova to come back. I saw someone standing on the front porch and noticed it was Ashton. Wonder what he wants.

"Can I help you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

If he's anything like his father he can't be trusted.

"Rumor is you're leaving tomorrow."

"Yes. We're leaving."

"We want to come with you. Me and Amy. We don't want to stay here."

"It's up to Nova. She runs things in our group so you'll have to ask her. And knowing her I don't think she'll say yes."

"Convince her then. Please. We don't want to stay here any longer."

"You'll have to ask her yourself."

"Please man. We know it's not safe here. We want to leave. Please take us with you. We know we'll be safe with her."

I sighed. I know what it felt like to want to leave this place. But again, knowing Nova she's not going to take them in. "Ask her yourself. I'm sorry but I can't help you. She makes the decisions."