Chapter 48: She's a Fighter

Nova

I was standing in a field of rolling green grass. I could hear birds, seeing flowers all over and flowering trees too. The sun was shining down on me. It felt nice.

But where was I?

"Hey Baby." Grayson said to me with a smile.

I spun around in surprise, my eyes going wide. He opened his arms and I fell into them, happy to see him again. But being in his arms didn't feel the same. I wanted a different pair of arms around me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I nodded, pulling away with a sigh. "I don't like dreaming about you. It makes me feel like I'm cheating."

Grayson chuckled and sat down, patting the spot next to him.

I sat down beside him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm happy you found someone. I thought you were going to be stuck on me forever. You hold on too hard Baby. But that's one of the things I love about you. How hard you love someone when you do. He's a lucky guy."

That made me smile. If anyone's lucky here it's me. I wouldn't say it to him, but I found someone better. And I didn't think that would be possible. "I'm pretty lucky too."

Grayson gave me a sad smile and leaned down to kiss me. I turned my head so his lips hit my cheek.

"Damn. You really do love him."

I nodded, looking away from him.

"I can't blame you. From what I've seen so far he seems like he's pretty great. But I just want a kiss goodbye. A last one. Cause you're about to go back and this will be the last time I ever see you again."

I looked at him confusedly, trying to figure out what he meant. Go back where?

"Just one Baby. Please. I need this closure so I can move on."

I watched him carefully before nodding. His lips met mine and it was nice, it was familiar.

But they weren't Finn's.

And those were the only lips I wanted.

"I love you Nova. I always have and I always will. Just remember that. It's time for you to go."

Go where? Why does he keep saying that?

"What do you mean?" I asked, standing up as he did.

"It's not your time. At least not right now. You weren't supposed to die yet. I had to pull a few strings but you're going back. So make sure you live a long and happy life okay?"

I was even more confused than before.

I'm dead? So am I in heaven right now?

No. That's not right.

I'm not dead.

I can't be.

"I know you're confused. But you see that door?" He pointed to the red door that led to my room in the vacation house.

It had appeared out of nowhere. I looked back at him and nodded.

"Go through that door and you'll return."

I feel so lost right now. How can I be dead? I'm not dead this isn't right! What the hell is going on?

"Go Baby. You have to go now before it's too late." Grayson pushed me towards the door but I was afraid.