Chapter 28: I'm Not Blushing You're Blushing

Finn

When I woke up again she was gone. Her side of the bed was cold too.

What if she did regret it...

I dressed myself and made my way downstairs. I didn't realize it was so close to lunchtime. I saw everyone walking around but her.

Where was she? Is she avoiding me?

"Good morning Finn! How'd you sleep?" Finch asked in a teasing tone, wiggling her brows.

"I don't think they did much sleeping." Tommy teased further, both of them laughing.

I'm not blushing you're blushing.

"Where's Nova?" I asked, rolling my eyes when they made kissing noises at me.

They really were perfect for each other.

"Come on guys seriously. Where is she?" I asked, slightly panicking.

I had to see her. I had to know she didn't regret it.

"Out back with Shasta and the girls. Are you okay?" Tommy asked, both of them looking at me concerned.

"I just...I don't know..." I trailed off, running my hands through my hair.

God I bet she did.

I knew we should've waited but I was thinking with the wrong head.

Fuck me.

"She didn't regret it Finn. If that's what you're worried about. I actually haven't seen her smiling so big in a while. She's just an early riser. Everything is fine."

Finch is the second smartest person I know. Nova is the first obviously. That did make me feel a bit better. But I wouldn't feel fine until I saw her.

I needed to see her.

"Everything is fine man. She's batshit crazy but she's batshit crazy about you."

Finch thumped him on the back of his head, glaring at him. "My best friend is not batshit crazy."

Tommy snorted, glaring back when she thumped him on the head again. "Come on Babe. She's a little crazy. Even you know that."

"Okay but she's not batshit crazy she's just..."

I decided to leave them to their bickering and headed out to the backyard, seeing all of them running around and playing. Shasta was sitting on Booker as he pranced around the yard with Nova and the girls. Halley and Lily were chasing Nova trying to get the ball from her hand.

Nova tripped but almost like a scene from a movie she pushed off her hands and flipped back onto her feet, one foot landing in front of the other. The girls both stopped running and stared at her with dropped jaws-I had the same expression on my face too.

Nova stopped laughing and turned around, wondering why they weren't following her anymore.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, her brow lifting.

"Are you even real?" Lily asked with a laugh.

"She's definitely not normal." Halley chimed in, taking off towards Nova again.

"Hi Daddy!" Shasta called out, jumping off of Booker and running towards me.

Nova turned and looked up and smiled my smile, making me smile in return. She was happy to see me-that's a good sign.

I picked up Shasta when she got to me and headed towards my girl. Nova met me halfway with a kiss and any fear I felt of her regretting what we did went away.