Chapter 54: What's In Your Back Pocket?

Nova

"We should get back soon." I told Finn as I lifted my head from his chest to look at him.

He frowned and shook his head, pulling me back down. "I'm not ready. We haven't even had sex yet."

I rolled my eyes. What a typical guy.

"We'll have to save it for later. We really need to get back. I haven't properly seen and thanked everyone and I'd really like to see Shasta."

Finn groaned and rolled us over to lay on me, sighing heavily into my neck. "I guess we can go. But we're coming back here for sex at least once before we leave."

Finn was really pushing the sex thing but I couldn't blame him. It did sound nice.

I mean have you seen my boyfriend?

Can't say no to that.

And then I thought of something.

I could set up a little date for us here. To have some alone time since it's been over a week that we've had any. Like true alone time.

I miss our little bubble. So maybe I'll set up something for us. I have some lights that run on batteries. I'll bring a tent and some blankets and pillows. Make some good food.

I know we need to ration but they gathered a lot of food while I was gone. We were pretty set honestly. We can afford to splurge a little bit.

"We'll come back. Tonight." I told him, giggling at his excited look.

"Well then let's go see everyone! The sooner we leave the sooner we can get back."

I rolled my eyes at his logic and nudged for him to get up. He played dead, squishing the air from my lungs. It didn't hurt as much as it probably should, but it still hurt. I didn't want to make any noise or show any discomfort and upset him.

It was kinda funny.

So I just rode out the pain and smiled anyways.

"Get up Dumbass. We'll come back tonight."

Finn sighed and got up into the push-up position above me, lowering to kiss me and then stood. He offered me a hand and I took it, getting onto my feet as well. I headed for my clothes and bent over to grab them, jumping when he slapped my ass.

I turned to glare but he was staring off into the distance, pretending to look at something as if he didn't do it. But the shithead was smiling. He knows what he did. I was just pulling up my pants when I felt his hand there again.

Seriously does he ever stop?

"What's in your back pocket?" He asked, reaching to take it out.

He slipped it from my pants before I could stop him and his smile fell.

"Oh. You and your prince." He grumbled, handing it back to me with an attitude.

What's his problem? My prince?

Oh, shit.

I forgot that's what I told Shasta when she saw the picture. But what Finn doesn't know is that I may have told her Grayson was my prince, but I also told her that Finn was my King.

"Finn don't be like that." I sighed, taking his hand and pulling him to a stop.

"You take me here and tell me you love me but you have a picture of your ex with you. You told our daughter that's your prince. And you expect me not to be mad? Why do you even still have that?"