Chapter 36: We're Just Here to Talk

Nova

It took Tommy a whole week to accept the fact that he's going to be a father. He was more determined now than ever to get to Australia. I didn't blame him though-I was too. But that didn't mean I wanted them to go out and look at baby stuff. He accepted he was going to have a kid three days ago and now Finch has been begging me to take her out to look at baby stuff.

She's saying she's having a girl, but I know it's going to be a boy. Call it instinct. But she won't leave me alone. She's following me everywhere begging me to take her out. I don't want Finch leaving the house at all. I don't like disappointing her. I really don't. But what if something happens to her?

I can't lose my best friend. I just can't.

"Come on Nova please!" Finch whined for the twentieth time today, giving me her puppy dog eyes. I'm not looking at her but I know that's what she's doing.

"No. You are not leaving." I told her, trying to walk away.

But of course she followed me.

She's never been one to take "no" well. Even as a kid. If I look at her I'll cave and she knows that. That's why she's following me everywhere. If she pisses me off enough I'll break too. She knows that as well. I won't hit a pregnant woman but I'm two seconds away from knocking her the fuck out.

"Pleaseeeee Nova! I just want to look at baby stuff! Please please please please pleaseeeeee!!!!"

I plugged my ears and sighed, wanting her to go away. It wasn't working though.

"I know you can hear me! Come on Nova please-FINE!" I snapped, turning to face her with my fists clenched. "Fine you annoying bitch! I'll take you out tomorrow! Now fuck off!"

Finch cheered and squeezed me tight before running to Tommy. He didn't want her to leave either but he can't tell her no either.

Welcome to the club.

"Thank god. I've never hit a woman but I was coming close." Finn grumbled, rubbing his ears. Mine were ringing too.

She has the most annoying, high pitched voice I've ever heard. She knows it annoys the shit out of me and that's why she does it. Sometimes loving someone who knows you better than you know yourself can really suck. Especially when they want something and know how to get it out of you.

"Imagine growing up with it." I grumbled back, plopping down onto the couch with a sigh.

"We'll avoid the side of town where James and his people are. We should be fine."

Yeah. This probably won't end well.

"We'll be okay Nova. You'll keep us safe, just as you always do."

I really hope so. Finch is my favorite person in the whole world. I couldn't imagine life without her. She's always been my one constant. I would have nothing left to fight for if I lost her. Every girl needs a best friend and she's mine. She's the only person I can actually tolerate, next to Finn of course.

I'm going to have to be extra careful with her though. Not only is she carrying my future nephew but she mattered to me most in the world. I really don't want her going out but I do want to make her happy.

"Everything will be fine Killer. We can take the truck and go through the backroads. The three of us should be able to protect her just fine. You worry too much."

I really did. I'm surprised I didn't lose my hair under all of this stress.

"I can't lose her Finn. I really can't." I told him, releasing a heavy sigh as I let my forehead hit his shoulder.